collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The reporting of the current situation  (Read 22310 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: The reporting of the current situation
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
The general bed wetting hysteria of our own cyber support doesn't appear to help. Its more fuel for the media fire.

Agree with this 100%. Where did the dramatists strut their stuff before the internet?

Holding those 'End Of The World Is Nigh' signs.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
Talk Shite and in particularly the fat fecker that is Micky Quinn have been particularly nasty in their vitriol...
empty seats, no-one wants the job, all the players are leaving, never been a success, Villa fans are living in a dream world, not a big club, etc, etc.

I know I shouldn't listen but we do seem to be giving out this image that we do everything by the book and send letters of request to managers we may be interested with a little wax seal and a big bow on presumably hand delivered by a courier who is a perfect English gentleman.

I wish we wouldn't do everything by the book and just go out and get the bloke we all want, whatever it takes, by fair means or foul.

The day we become Chelsea, I shall give it all up. And no, I don't even envy them the success they have had....

I love listening to Talkawholelottashite just to remind myself of the idiots who work in the football media these days

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:34 PM »
Seriously reconsidering my aspirations to get into the football media now.  Will I turn into an ill-informed douche-bag too?  On the other hand, looks like Villa need more media people on their side...

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
I enjoy listening to talk sport but have become annoyed about the way some of their presenters talk about villa.  Its an absolute disgrace IMO.  People like mickey Quinn are all excitied just because Liverpool got King Kenny back and have suddenly splashed a few bob on some players.  He knows nothing about villa and what we are about.
Its only June, not 1 week before the season starts.  The media obviously never help with their made up and over exaggerated trash which people read into and make up their own interpretations of it.

I agree that Villa need to sort out the their media department and the moment some rubiish is printed, they need to come out and deny it or clarify it.  The Metro have now made Mark Hughes favourite again after Martinez opted against coming to villa, instead to be loyal to Wigan and Dave Whelan which, IMO, is a good thing.  At least we know there are still come loyal people in the game.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »
As far as I can see, whelan came out yesterday and said he'd be holding Martinez to the extra year but that it was ok for villa to speak to him because they'd acted properly. WTF. So villa asked to speak to him about the possibility of an interview, found out that there wasn't any point and that is now widely being reported as Martinez turning us down. What utter, utter filth that rally is.

Sorry, the very idea that he's 'above' the villa job is quite frankly absurd, but in this alternative universe it's quite understandable.

We have mo money.

We as fans are deluded.

We are midtable and boring.

Martin o neill was our last and only hope if ever being a big club.

Is there anybody out there writing a positive peace  free of lies and condescending bollocks? 

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 02:57:12 PM »
Nice guys never win anything or so the saying goes. Aston Villa whatever it is,seem to do everything by the book and are made to look foolish quite often. I did not want RM but to see Whelan get one over us and make it look as if he knew all along the guy was staying has just made us look small time. Is phil Mepham back in charge? Our pr is dreadful.

Offline brackley

• GM : 13.04.2025
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »
The fact that he even bottled the interview showed that he just didn't have the bollocks to take the job on.

Offline Outcast2006

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
As a club we have not helped ourselves at all in the last 18 months and any fan not recognising that,  blaming the media,  saying it is PR,  that everyone is all against us and not recognising some key things about Villa currently is basically deluding themselves and unwilling to see the obvious.

Until that changes we will not move forward as a club.

Martinez did turn us down regardless of whether we met with him or not.  He knew we were interested in talking to him,  but he said no to us or else we would have met with him,  ergo he turned us down.

Constantly trying to spin that (badly IMO) or ignoring where we are as a club is absolutely adding to the problems.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »
We are starting to look like the guy who cant get a date for the Graduation ball. 

This. We have lined up candidates and in some of these cases we seem to have been knocked back.

Besides we don't know if the media are right or not about some of their comments. They may have good sources close to the managers we have interviewed who have given them information in private. Just because we are keeping a 'dignified silence' doesn't mean they are.

Offline Outcast2006

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
I bet Martin Swain couldnt wait to get this printed.
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2011/06/10/swains-take-on-martinezs-villa-snub/
Not much ,  if anything,  I disagree with in there.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 03:29:01 PM »
I think someone hit the nail on the head the other night.

Villa have been superb in this - haven't leaked a drop - very professional.

Sky make a hell of a lot of money via Sky bet - and Talk Sport via their association with Paddy Power - by reporting this the way they are doing, is earning them a fortune.

But the truth is - they know sod all !

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »

I bet Martin Swain couldnt wait to get this printed.
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2011/06/10/swains-take-on-martinezs-villa-snub/
Not much ,  if anything,  I disagree with in there.

Yet more sloppy journalism showing little understanding of what is happening in B6. RM was not offered the job merely the opportunity to be interviewed. This information was circulated by his Chairman and out of loyalty or perhaps an intelligent understanding of his own capabilities he declined this opportunity.

Sniping is something we get used to especially from the London centric media but when such articles are written on our doorstep it appears a litter more sinister and maybe hiding a more parochial anti Villa agenda!

I would wager Villa will begin next season in better order than you might imagine. 9th when in turmoil is a better achievement than the ‘messiah’ had achieved previously.

I cant understand why our fans buy into nonsense like that article!

Offline Outcast2006

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »
They know we asked Wigan to talk to Martinez.

They know that Martinez knew that as well

They also know that Martinez then said he wanted to stop at Wigan

What more is there to know?  That is what they are reporting and looking to blame them for those facts is ignoring a few issues at the club.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »
Nice guys never win anything or so the saying goes. Aston Villa whatever it is,seem to do everything by the book and are made to look foolish quite often. I did not want RM but to see Whelan get one over us and make it look as if he knew all along the guy was staying has just made us look small time. Is phil Mepham back in charge? Our pr is dreadful.

You see that's just the point - where are we made to look foolish?
The controlling arm of AVFC have done everything above board in all major decisions since they arrived.
The vitriol expressed by the media is an extension of a load of people who believe the only way to do business and suceed is to be an utter shit and not give a toss about anyone else.
Me, I prefer a little dignity and applaud AVFC for continuing to that trend - bollocks to the media, they know f**k all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal