collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Club Statement - What Do You Think?  (Read 27604 times)

Offline Mark Someone

Re: Club Statement - What Do You Think?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
Im sure the club have announced that Hughes, Benitez and Mclaren are out of the running
Oh yes, when and where was this then?

Exactly

Makes me chuckle when people say things like that. As if the club are going to say "we've discounted manager x" halfway through talks.

We have discounted Steve McClaren due to the fact he refused to bring us cheap alcohol and fags from the Netherlands. The tosser.

Offline Zhong Yi

• Let's All Have A Disco....la la la la
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 02:31:24 PM »
I think I really dislike Paul Faulkner

Me too, things really have been on a downward curve since he arrived.

Me too, Paul Faulkner is Jez Moxey light.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
Me too, Paul Faulkner is Jez Moxey light.

Quite literally. I was sitting on the table next to Jez and his wife at the salubrious surroundings of Nandos in Wolverhampton a few weeks ago. Boy, that guy can eat.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
I think the club are in the process of appointing the right man I know we are anxious to find out who he his but I have faith in Randy and his people they will do the right thing for us.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
I haven't even read the club statement.

I know it will be neutral and non commital.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:01:14 AM by TimTheVillain »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
It's the first post on this thread.

Offline Banganappa

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me why some people take umbrage that just because it's a football club, they should be told on a blow by blow basis, about the intricacies of commercially sensitive deals before they've been concluded. Yes we're all interested, and we all want to know asap, but just because the club can't/won't/don't tell us, or don't do the media's bidding by responding to every bit of tittle tattle, does not mean that the club, the chairman or chief exec are a bunch of tossers who couldn't run a bath.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
a) Statement

Agree with everything in it. Some says it says nothing - and so it shouldn't. The first Villa should say is We can announce X as our new manager. Until then, we should remain silent.

And should tell Dave Whelan to do the same !

b) Regarding the "best candidate" and what this entails, its an oxymoron - Martinez and McLaren - er..... no.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 06:25:34 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me why some people take umbrage that just because it's a football club, they should be told on a blow by blow basis, about the intricacies of commercially sensitive deals before they've been concluded. Yes we're all interested, and we all want to know asap, but just because the club can't/won't/don't tell us, or don't do the media's bidding by responding to every bit of tittle tattle, does not mean that the club, the chairman or chief exec are a bunch of tossers who couldn't run a bath.

Sure but try telling that to Martin O'Neill's seven dwarfs. That nasty man Paul Faulkner is the reason Snow Whiter than White Martin left us.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

Sure but try telling that to Martin O'Neill's seven dwarfs. That nasty man Paul Faulkner is the reason Snow Whiter than White Martin left us.

Ya daft sizeist. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

Ya daft sizeist. 

Sorry, Shortarse.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »
Ian Taylor has posted some interesting tweets today.

What did he have for breakfast?

We're in transition, top managers hesitant to come. We still have the makings of a good squad and just need somebody to get the best out of the players.

Erm, interesting.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 09:09:19 PM »
Why? Because our Club isn't deemed big enough or geographically located well enough to attract the bigger names?

What Irish villain said above

Go back to 2007-2009 we were on a real roll. We were real movers in the PL. You could smell the burning ambition at Villa Park and we weren't just knocking on the door of the CL places, we were in amongst those places. Somethign went very badly wrong from early 2009. You could even sense it at the time.

I doubt you were saying that in April last year when we were challenging for the CL and about to play Chelsea in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

Sure, Moscow and the subsequent 2-2 at home to Stoke fucked-up 2009 for us but the following year, only last year in fact, we were on the brink of even greater success.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Why? Because our Club isn't deemed big enough or geographically located well enough to attract the bigger names?

What Irish villain said above

Go back to 2007-2009 we were on a real roll. We were real movers in the PL. You could smell the burning ambition at Villa Park and we weren't just knocking on the door of the CL places, we were in amongst those places. Somethign went very badly wrong from early 2009. You could even sense it at the time.

I doubt you were saying that in April last year when we were challenging for the CL and about to play Chelsea in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

Sure, Moscow and the subsequent 2-2 at home to Stoke fucked-up 2009 for us but the following year, only last year in fact, we were on the brink of even greater success.

I tell you what went wrong, I sai dit at the time on Villatalk (where I was a member) and got laughed out of town - but who is laughing now - well, no one really, including me.

The signing of Emile Heskey cost this club at the very least 5 yrs (I said then 5, it now transpires longer) - we beat Sunderland, we were 2nd (for a few short hours before someone won the late kick off) , the only thing we needed was a goalscorer - Get Darren Bent I cried, get Bent and we wil win the league never mind 4th.

We didn't - we bought Heskey - the rest my friend, is obvious.

That January was the "Juninho moment" - roll on 2025 - coz that will be our next chance !

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
How is it longer than 5 years when it's only been 2 1/2 years since we signed him?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal