collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Kitty  (Read 12064 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Transfer Kitty
« on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but last night I heard Pat Murphy on Radio 5 saying that Benitez was spoken to about managing us and had asked for a £30 million transfer kitty and this was turned down.

Bearing in mind that AY should bring in 15, does this mean that Randy aint going stump up 15 million??

We need a good quality goalkeeper, another centre half, central midfielder and a replacement for AY and if we aren't going to have 30 million I would question the quality we are going to bring in

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: Transfer Kitty
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:20:03 AM »
Out defence needs a total re-vamp which means Randy will be spending more money than he initially thought he'd have to this summer.

Plus we need someone to replace Ash, best replacement would probably be N'Zogbia who'll cost around 12 million, maybe more.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
I think Pat Murphy was talking through his arse, not for the first time.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »

True.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
Sell Ashley Young for £16m. Sign NZogbia to replace him.
(If we) Sell Downing for £22m. Sign Jarvis or Etherington or another unknown I can't think of.
Sign Johson & Foster from the shit.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
I heard Ash will be going for more like £20 million. If he has to unfortunately leave Villa, lets hold Fergie to ransom! Afterall, they don't mind spending £15 million on someone I only heard for the first time a couple of months ago.

Online Rico

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
Unless you're best mates with Randy Learner, and sit on thẹ board then everything you read or hear is just total speculation by people trying to sell newspapers or fill time on radio/tv shows. Even when we appoint a new manager, whoever that may be, we still wont be privy to thẹ true figures regarding transfer budgets.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
Knowing Rafa he wanted £30m on top of what we bring in, it still wouldn't have been enough for that wanker, money manager nothin else.

If henderson is worth £16m Downing is worth £32m

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »

True.

I wouldn't take much notice of what Prat Murphy says, he's come out with some complete bollocks in the past.
The articles he used to do on Villa in The Birmingham Post were poorly researched.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »
Unless you're best mates with Randy Learner, and sit on thẹ board then everything you read or hear is just total speculation by people trying to sell newspapers or fill time on radio/tv shows. Even when we appoint a new manager, whoever that may be, we still wont be privy to thẹ true figures regarding transfer budgets.

So when Benitez speaks to us and then rules himself out of the job why do you think that might be?

Going for a Manager unproven in the PL who will bring the best out of our young players without having a lot to spend sounds like the recipe for a fuck up to me

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »
I think Randy will have funds available for the new manager whoever it is there is a lot of work to be done in the transfer window so I would assume he would make money available to him.

Online Rico

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
Has anyone actually 100% ruled themselves out of thẹ job. Unless I actually see Hughes, Benitez, Moyes et al on thẹ tv saying I have no interest in thẹ Villa job then take what you read in thẹ press with a pinch of salt.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
Rafa fought at his last two positions about him needing "More transfer kitty"  Do you recall how many transfers he made at Liverpool.  I would want someone to tell me how he can raise cash from current players, what his plan is to develop youth, and his choices for a number of positions.  Not "This is how much money I want"  I figure it didnt go like this, just what Sky Sports expected happened

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Money
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:13:08 AM »
Maybe Benitez, as predicted, demanded total autonomy and the Board were unwilling to give it as they got their fingers burned with O'Neill. If he was then asked why they didn't give him the job he has said Villa have no money as this is less likely to put off potential employers.

Or maybe there is no money.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
From the noise Mysteryman has made it seems that we haven't even interviewed Benitez and certainly not discussed a transfer kitty with him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal