collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young completes Man Utd move  (Read 133313 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Young set for Man Utd
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
Will be glad when he has bloody well gone. Like just about every other villa player to make the England team he has become Billy Big Boots and could'nt  a toss about the Villa
I just don't think that's true.I believe he would love to have achieved his goals here but sadly it wasn't to be.I reserve the right to retract this if he signs for Liverpool however

Offline Damo70

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
I can't see him going to Liverpool or Spurs. I think he was an Arsenal fan as a kid but it looks like Man U. If we can screw the best part of 20 million out of them for a player with a year left on his contract and who wants to go then we've done a good deal.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
To be fair, I have these feelings on it.

1. I honestly don't think we will miss him that much - I believe Marcy Marc is already 95% of the player Ash is - and given a run , will be a far better player - to me Ash is a cross between Tony Daley and Dalian Atkinson. I honestly think Marcy is similar to a young David Beckham - only time will tell if he realises his potential - but if he does - Ash will not be missed

2. This was always gonna happen so by going to Man U , it doesn't particularly affect us in the way that he is joining a competitor (be more concerned if he went to Spurs of Liverpool

3. For a guy out of contract in a year, I think 16m is a good price to get

4. However, saying 3, if Jordan Henderson is worth 20m - then what should we ask for Ash - thats an absolutely stupid price , and together with the 35m for Carroll backs up what I said the day Dalglish was appointed - he will spend an absolute fortune on quite average players. But I digress.

Cheers Ash, gave us some great memories, but the fact is, probably the best one was the Everton moment, and that is now a long time ago - which I think proves something. (and if you do read this, I honestly can't see why Man U want you, as you are nowhere near the player of Nani or Valencia - so I am a bit flummexed by the deal)

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
He is easily better than Nani or Valencia.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »
So Ashley Young - who was not Villa's player of the year is better than a team who won the league and CL finalists  player of the year.

Sorry, don't agree !

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
To be fair, I have these feelings on it.

1. I honestly don't think we will miss him that much - I believe Marcy Marc is already 95% of the player Ash is

I can't take that comment seriously. Albrighton has potential but he is nothing like as influential as Young has been in the Villa side over the last few years.

Young may not have always reached his own high standards in the last 12 months but he is leaving a huge gap that will take an awful lot of filling, much like Milner last season. People who think he won't be missed and we're better of without him are, in my opinion, deluded.

Offline Redman

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
4. However, saying 3, if Jordan Henderson is worth 20m - then what should we ask for Ash - thats an absolutely stupid price , and together with the 35m for Carroll backs up what I said the day Dalglish was appointed - he will spend an absolute fortune on quite average players. But I digress.
Well you say that but £24m for Bent raised a few eyebrows as well.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
So Ashley Young - who was not Villa's player of the year is better than a team who won the league and CL finalists  player of the year.

Sorry, don't agree !

Then why would they buy him if they already think they have better players?

Nani is the sort of the flash in the pan player that impresses people like you but there's a reason why Ferguson rarely starts him in important games. Valencia is a better player than Nani but he's less creative than Ash more a steady reliable type.

Albrighton has a long way to go to be classed at the same level.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:01:09 PM by Chris Smith »

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

Sorry, don't agree !
You do know that it's possible for him to be better than some members of a PL winning team, don't you?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 04:00:02 PM »
Let's just sell the fuckin ponce and move on.

110% spot on.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »

Sorry, don't agree !

Yes. Young is better than Nani and Valencia. Has been consistently for years.

Why do you think Fergie is after him?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »

Well, £18m and to be fair, Bent has proven himself for years.
Sorry mate but £20m for that kid is a joke.

Offline Redman

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Well, £18m and to be fair, Bent has proven himself for years.
Sorry mate but £20m for that kid is a joke.
Bent - £18m or £24m?
Hendo - £16m or £20m?

Either way, I agree - it's a lot of money but potential costs.

Bent guarantees goals but you know he isn't going to get any better.

Plus, if Henderson will earn the reported £60,000 a week and Bent is on £70,000, that's £2.5m less over 5 years. And after those 5 years, Bent will be 31 with little resale value.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:36:09 PM by Redman »

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »
Except that a chunk of that is for Ngog (why?). Dalglish has a pretty good transfer track record over the years.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »
Ashley to Man Utd, Liverpool have tapped up Downing after they realised they had no chance with Young.

Ashley was a great player for us for the first two years but then teams started doubling up on him and his form obviously went downhill. Last season he was a loose cannon with his best perfomances being in an England shirt. He's still a great player but needs a strong manager to bring some discipline to his game. Ferguson will do that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal