collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young completes Man Utd move  (Read 134272 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Young set for Man Utd
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Sounds like a fairly general article to me and nothing we haven't heard already. He's been joining in "a few days" for about 3 weeks now"

I work with a manure fan and he reckons on their forums they are not overly fussed and that Ferguson will no way go over 15 million.

At least it will still be quicker than the Milner saga

From Ian McGarry's Twitter:
For those asking about Ashley Young: Player to meet both #LFC and #MUFC before making decision. (met one already).

I can believe that

I still reckon it will be Liverpool

Offline Redman

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »
Is he marrying the bird he showed his cock to on the internet?
I assume so.

Only a man deeply in love could make such a romantic gesture.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »
good luck to him. He's at a point in his career where he wants to win things and we're not exactly Man U right now. Our job as a club is to build ourselves into a position where top players want to stay because they have a chance to win things with us right now. Hire the right manager, get in the right players, and we'll be in that position in 2-3 years.

For those people slagging Ash for this decision, ask yourselves what you'd do in your own careers if you had a chance to achieve your ambitions elsewhere because you current employer couldn't offer you what you are looking for? He's looking after himself as any of us would, and it's only hard for us to stomach because as football fans of a specific club we don't see things without bias or emotion.

We're going to miss him, and we'll see him do so very good things up there because he'll be around even better players. Our job is now to use the money wisely and build again, much like Spurs have done in the past few seasons.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:16:23 PM by toronto villa »

Offline Outcast2006

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Manure I could understand.  Liverpoo on the other hand,  sorry but you'll be waiting around for honours at that club almost as long as you wuld be at Villa

Offline Redman

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
Sounds like a fairly general article to me and nothing we haven't heard already. He's been joining in "a few days" for about 3 weeks now"

I work with a manure fan and he reckons on their forums they are not overly fussed and that Ferguson will no way go over 15 million.

For those asking about Ashley Young: Player to meet both #LFC and #MUFC before making decision. (met one already).

I can believe that

Any reason why? Is there an inside line on that? Or just guessing?

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »

I can believe that

Any reason why? Is there an inside line on that? Or just guessing?

Just my own gut feeling

Knowing what a tight arse bacon face is I reckon he would rather pass up AY than pay a decent fee for a player with a year left.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
We can get Young's replacement with the cash.Who may as well be Chamberlain.

We'd get £18m and peace in our time.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
United are signing Jones, Sanchez and Nasri not Young. Liverpool are signing Henderson and Adam not Young.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
How about him going to Spuds as a wilcard

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Arsenal is far more likely. Spurs are no higher a level than we are unless he has a burning ambition to play in the Europa. No champions league, no chance of winning the league, why bother?
Same reason he won't sign for Liverpool either.

I think he's nailed on for Man Utd to be honest with Arsenal as an outside bet.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
Do you reckon Wenger would spend that sort of money??

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
Are Watford entitled to a cut ?
If so, it may reduce any profit.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »
Do you reckon Wenger would spend that sort of money??

Maybe. He certainly could if he wanted to. They're going to have to spend sooner or later.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
good luck to him. He's at a point in his career where he wants to win things and we're not exactly Man U right now. Our job as a club is to build ourselves into a position where top players want to stay because they have a chance to win things with us right now. Hire the right manager, get in the right players, and we'll be in that position in 2-3 years.

For those people slagging Ash for this decision, ask yourselves what you'd do in your own careers if you had a chance to achieve your ambitions elsewhere because you current employer couldn't offer you what you are looking for? He's looking after himself as any of us would, and it's only hard for us to stomach because as football fans of a specific club we don't see things without bias or emotion.

We're going to miss him, and we'll see him do so very good things up there because he'll be around even better players. Our job is now to use the money wisely and build again, much like Spurs have done in the past few seasons.

Bang on.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
Will be glad when he has bloody well gone. Like just about every other villa player to make the England team he has become Billy Big Boots and could'nt  a toss about the Villa

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal