collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: king carlos  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: king carlos
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »
How long has he got left on his contract?

Disappointed but there we go

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
Personally, I'd rather Cuellar and Clark than Dunne and Collins. Cuellar has never had a fair crack as a centre-back, which is what we signed him on the back of.

Agree 100%

that fat c*** Dunne should be first out of the door when our new manager is appointed. He is however yet another player we are going to lose millions on

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
He'll see this season out and go on a free next year, I reckon.

Another £8m wasted.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
Personally, I'd rather Cuellar and Clark than Dunne and Collins. Cuellar has never had a fair crack as a centre-back, which is what we signed him on the back of.

Agree 100%

that fat c*** Dunne should be first out of the door when our new manager is appointed. He is however yet another player we are going to lose millions on

In 2009/2010 he rightly wasn't playing at CB and Collins and Dunne were great together.  In 2010/2011 he should have been playing more due to their poor form.

I like him and want him to stay, but if he goes he goes and I don't think he'll be hugely hard to replace.

Offline Outcast2006

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
Good player who should have appeared more than he did.  I think he was frustrated by Houllier and always performed well when picked IMO

Doubt he will go in the summer due to his injury but may very leave in January

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
I would like Carlos to stay I think we need him more than we need Dunne or Collins I would be sad if he were to go.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 11:30:31 AM »
He was only under-used if you assume he was fully fit for the season, which doesn't appear to have been the case.

Really? He seemed to be available to play for most of the season but didn't. Where are you are you getting the unfit thing from?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 11:37:26 AM »
Well the fact that he had an operation that had been on hold for a couple of months within a few days of the season finishing suggests he wasn't fully fit.

Also from reading this I don't think there is anything to suggest he's going.  Reads to me like he was asked 'would you come back to rangers if villa agreed to sell?' and he replied by saying yes and then gushing about how much he enjoyed being there before.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »
He could have played more games than he did. A lot of players have operations for long term niggles but they can still play.
Why have him on the bench so often if he wasn't available to play?
The truth is he was behind Collins and Dunne in the pecking order. Probably harshly at times.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »
Really? He seemed to be available to play for most of the season but didn't. Where are you are you getting the unfit thing from?
The fact that he put off surgery until the end of the season to cover for other injured centre backs. Granted I'm speculating, but I don't think it's too wild an assumption that the injury wasn't bad enough to rule him out completely (and thereby providing cover in emergencies), but was bad enough for him not to be considered a first choice starter. I just find that theory more believable than GH not rating him at all. It could also be somewhere in the middle.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »
MON's oppression with 'bargains' from north of the border backfired.

Cuellar isn't a really bad player, but he sure isn't that good either.

I want to see our centre backs being able to integrate with the midfield - being Spanish you'd have thought Carlos' passing would have been better, but it's too 'anywhere will do' or just plain inaccurate for my liking.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
A fantastic player that I've always thought should've been in our first team over Dunne/Collins, can't blame him for leaving but I sincerely believe he could do better than a return to Ibrox.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
Hope he stays as i think he is a decent player and felt he was unfairly treated last season,but as with any player,if he is not happy at the club let him go ,we will find someone to take his place

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
This is why I take Bent's 'I love it at Villa' remarks with a mountain of salt.
It was only a few weeks ago that Carlos was beating himself off over the club and saying how happy he was.

Doesn't say a lot for him if he doesn't want to try and prove himself to the new Manager and play regularly in the most popular League in the world.

Maybe he just wants the easy life in Scotland.

I think that's very unfair on Carlos, Fletch. The bloke loves it at the Villa, just as he loved his time at Rangers. He has no idea what's going on and until we have a manager it will stay that way. He's been nothing but a model pro during his time here and today is no different. He's obviously just answered questions from the Scottish press.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Anyway........ Real shame. Thought Cuellar was really hard done by under Houllier. 

O'Neill never played him either and he was the one who bought him!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal