collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?  (Read 26144 times)

Offline Surrey Villain

Re: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2011, 10:37:19 PM »
Surrey Villain:

--- Quote from: Surrey Villain on Today at 02:05:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: markeeeebeeee2005 on June 05, 2011, 06:40:39 PM ---Surrey villain read my post again he is a bell end for a whole host of reasons, and not just because he is having a go at Villa.

--- End quote ---

I read your entries in Heroes & Villains and take them on face value.  I don't need (or want) to know your life story.

--- End quote ---

By which I mean I don't need to know anything else about you to enjoy what you have written (or not).

Well I base my opinion on Rod Liddle on what he has wrote across a range of articles and things I have read about him. In my job I have to read a wide range of media. I'm afraid based on what I have read and what I know of him Rod Liddle is odious however if you 'enjoy' reading it go for it. I understand he has some full length books you may wish to delve into too.

No thanks, I clearly don't read enough.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2011, 10:40:08 PM »
Rod Liddle could write that we are the greatest club in the world and that he has supported us since he was a boy and I'd still think he was a c**t.

Fair enough. I just enjoy some of his articles in the Sunday Times like the one this week about FIFA.
Perhaps I should read the Mirror so I can join in the vitriol against Oliver Holt, but then again maybe not.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
I had a geriatric moment and wrote that O'Neill wanted to sign Roy Keane and got the wrong name.   It was of course Roy Orbison he wanted.   Got knocked back anyway because he wanted to play in black home and away and was in fact dead.
Teehee.

Sorry this has become a SurreyVillain bashing post; not intended.
We all have a view on these things - having bought the ST for years (not really sure why any more!) I've become tired of reading snidey half-truths dressed up as amusing and cutting-edge satire a la Mr Liddle.
That's all.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
Holt doesn't even dress his as satire. He is simply a grade A ******, who writes utter nonsense to fit the agenda of himself and his mates.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
Had the misfortune to catch that Godawful Hold the Backpage -or whatever the latest reincarnation is- on Sky a few weeks back. Mention of Villa briefly pricked my interest. Before the pricks sitting around the table killed it.

Paul Smith whose work (outside of suits) I've never actually been aware of before came across as a horrid, horrid coked up* individual. Rob Beasley -a Brummie- referred to Chelsea as we and us and Woolnonono held this chimps tea party together with his usual style and grace.

I'm largely indifferent to Liddle, for the reasons Damon outlined. Was it he or Barclay that said Martin O'Neill is too good for football? That's world class arse licking.  Almost as good as Oliver Holt's "I've never really regarded Aston Villa as a big club. But by the time David O'Leary has finished with them they will be."

They've backed the wrong horse so many times they remind me of Eddie Mush in A Bronx Tale. They should be afforded similar respect.

*I'm referring to the caffine heavy soft drink, obv.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal