collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?  (Read 26140 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
In today's Sunday Times, the poisonous Liddle makes yet more disparaging remarks about our club - all done weaved within the sort of rampant speculation that's been evidernt on here during the past week or so.
"the man on a white charger racing towards Villa Park might be Steve McClaren, with his gelaming new teeth and sudden acquisition of a Brummie accent. The Villa faithful may cleave to the hope that it might be Carlo Ancelotti but I cannot see why he would want to go there.
"As things stand, you would not bet on Villa finsihing higher than Fulham next season, whoever ends up in charge; they still look oddly uncompelling and there are likely to be more notable dpeartures from the club this summer than arrivals. If Martin O'Neill can't hoist them into the top four, who can?"

I don't mind people having a view on the Villa - blimey, I'm hardly in a position to sensor anything! nor would I want to - but he seems to trot out his snidey, insidious stuff every week, feeding the careworn myths about MON and using all the belittling tools and undermining drivel employed by DOL in his 'prime'.

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
It seems to have escaped his attention that despite MON's heroics at Villa, he STILL hasn't managed to find gainful employment and only seems to be linked to, for want of a better word, shit vacancies.

My guess: 3 and a half feet.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »
The problem is, he is not likely to be proved wrong. Since MON joined, indeed departed, the top 4, even 5 or 6 now, have pulled further away from the rest (Thanks in part to MON himself).

Could always point out to Liddle the distinct lack of top clubs fighting over his services.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
I will cry when MON is put in charge of  any of the sky teams and is rubbing shoulders with Europe's elite or he  actually gets anther job in the PL and makes them into Barca  till than I am OK.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
He contradicts himself by saying the job is oddly uncompelling but then goes on to hero worship o'neill, for whom the job was plenty compelling.

If I'd known we'd have to spend the following years being told we were never worthy if him  I would never have wanted MON in the first place.

As for that stuff about fulham, it is beyond ridicule.

Liddle really is a witless bell end.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »
Rod Liddle is a knob but he's only articulating a widely held view. The manner of his departure has clouded our views but until we get a manger who can improve on what MON did it will be the accepted wisdom.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 11:08:59 AM »
Rod Liddle is a knob but he's only articulating a widely held view.

So who are these opinion formers?

Ah, that'll be Rod Liddle and his mates.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Rod Liddle is a knob but he's only articulating a widely held view. The manner of his departure has clouded our views but until we get a manger who can improve on what MON did it will be the accepted wisdom.
I agree - I have had several conversations with people up here who have the misconception that MON was a version of the Second Coming.
The irritating bit is that RL seems to devote a part of his column every week to Villa-bashing. Which is a little odd coming from a  Millwall fan ... unless it's simply an obsession about the colours we wear.
I suppose snidey-ness is the new "insightful journalism" of our age.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »
Can fool all of the people some of the time.....
I wonder if MON himself has come to recognise his limitations and that, at best, he is no more than the thinking mans Sam Allardyce.
Perhaps that's why he is taking his time, he has got to pick a club where he has a good chance of improving the team, and the expectations are not too high, otherwise he is going to be found out.

Purely my opinion of course.

Offline luke25

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
Two pints of lager has'nt been the same since he left.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
A decent journalist would find out the truth about why MON really left and write a decent article.

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
Rod Liddle is part of the metropolitan, middle class media set who love to lecture us on morals and society, yet go behind their wife's backs, shaggin anything they can.

They have no clue about our club and consequently have lazy, ill informed opinions and can f**k off as far as i am concerned.

He is also a Millwall fan - maybe he should look at his own club (and there's plenty to look at there!) before criticising others.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
Not too far because his Rod is Liddle.
Twat.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
A decent journalist would find out the truth about why MON really left and write a decent article.
this...

Online lovejoy

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »
I find his articles thought provoking and interesting. I think a lot of his comments hit the mark and frankly the negative reaction here is because often the truth hurts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal