collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Warnock - whoever's next I won't like it so I won't play - as usual  (Read 8435 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Warnock - whoever's next I won't like it so I won't play - as usual
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/warnock-still-keen-on-villa-escape-1222076.html

Doesn't this guy owe the villa by now?  He hasn't played for MON, Kev, GH or GMac. I can understand a fall-out with one person, but ...4? How can he take the money?  More to the point, what was he expecting the club or any of these managers/coaches/team selectors to do, so he could contribute to his club?

He played under MON and KMac.

He didn't play under GH or GMac.

He put in a peach of a cross for Heskey's last-gasp winner at Wolves in GHou's first game in charge. And he needlessly gave away free-kicks and pens that led to goals (at Blackburn, Man Sheikhy) during November and December.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
Lost his form after his whiplash when we won 1-0 at Old Trafford. Been absolute tripe ever since.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »
What an insightful article. I particularly liked the bit where Warnock said, "...".  Well researched that website!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:18:29 AM »
I'm not too bothered about Warnock I would say it will be no great loss when he leaves.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »
The only worry is the £4 million odd loss we are going to take on him when he goes.

Add to that:

NRC leaving on a free
paying 2 million for Beye and 6 million in wages
Losing millions on Curtis davies
paying Salifou for 4 seasons
Losing money on Sidwell

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Wigan, Bolton and Stoke eh, says it all.

Waster, sack him ...

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Gullible, the lot of you.

I swear, you'll believe anything that's posted online.

Even when a few sane voices speak up and question the veracity of the article or its "source" you still get people referring to Stephen as "the absolute word removed".

No wonder people are dying to get out of Aston Villa.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »

Even when a few sane voices speak up and question the veracity of the article or its "source" you still get people referring to Stephen as "the absolute word removed".

I hope he is, have you watched him play ?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

Is it not at all possible that some people thought of Stephen as an "absolute word removed" before this article? And just to extend the thought further, that this was as a result of his performances (or lack of), which they saw with their very own eyes?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »

Eh?  Have you actually read any of the thread?  I can't see one poster who has taken the original article seriously.  However, if people are less than impressed with Warnock's general attitude over the last few months, then I don't think that makes them gullible at all.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 01:31:56 PM »
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/warnock-still-keen-on-villa-escape-1222076.html

Doesn't this guy owe the villa by now?  He hasn't played for MON, Kev, GH or GMac. I can understand a fall-out with one person, but ...4? How can he take the money?  More to the point, what was he expecting the club or any of these managers/coaches/team selectors to do, so he could contribute to his club?

He played under MON and KMac.

He didn't play under GH or GMac.

He put in a peach of a cross for Heskey's last-gasp winner at Wolves in GHou's first game in charge. And he needlessly gave away free-kicks and pens that led to goals (at Blackburn, Man Sheikhy) during November and December.

he was in a very bad run of form anyway but that game against Blackburn he truly was a disgrace. Definitely should have been taken off after the Blackburn goal went in. We were defending pretty well at the time and on top despite being in the midst of our injury crisis. Diouf gives him a bit of a kick and as per usual he rolls around on the ground for a few minutes. Then instead of being a professional and taking it on the chin, he gets up and next opportunity commits the most pathetic cowardly foul on Diouf. Pedersen floats the freekick in where Friedel makes a mess out of it and it goes in. But a set piece was the only way they looked like scoring and that clown of course obliged.

Thought he was the biggest coward I remember in a Villa shirt. He used spend 2 mins every game down injured. Against Arsenal last season at home we were 3-2 down near the end and he got a bit of a kick. Seem to remember him half arsed getting up when they were in their build up to their 4th. Never rated him when he was at Blackburn or Liverpool. Remember Milner destroying him at Blackburn in one of the best wins under MON when we destroyed them. A real pity merchant and one that wont be missed. Even when he played well initially under MON, he wasnt pretty poor on the ball. A real pity merchant, liked to get stuck in and give it out but couldnt handle anyone getting physical with him, had no pace on the turn. Remember him against West Brom at home......yikes not an individual that will be missed in any way.

Shorey for all his faults Id prefer him to Warnock any day. Huge money wasted between the pair. Bouma was a huge loss in hindsight as was Laursen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal