collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When breaking news occurs in a middle of a thread... (see p1)  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Hammer

..when the subject title is altered, could we possibly move away from putting "(page X)" on the thread title?

Example 'Official - Houllier leaves by mutual consent (p.28)'

As you can now change how many replies to a thread you get per page, it's different for many people. I have 50/page and Legion posted the statement on page 9 (for me).

As 'replies' are the same for everyone, wouldn't 'Official - Houllier leaves by mutual consent (reply 409)' be better now?

Just a suggestion, like. Particularly as there's going to be lots of threads like this over the coming weeks, hopefully.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:17:49 AM by pauliebentnuts »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: When breaking news occurs in a middle of a thread...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »
Excellent idea.

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
How do you change how many posts are displayed on a page?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »
Forum Profile
Modify Profile
Look and Layout

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
Similarly, when a thread has loads of pages, clicking on the ... only expands the first part of the thread which has long since ceased to be of interest. Is there any way around this? The only way around it is opening up the most recent page and navigating back which can take an age.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
Re: When breaking news occurs in a middle of a thread... (see p1)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »
Similarly, when a thread has loads of pages, clicking on the ... only expands the first part of the thread which has long since ceased to be of interest. Is there any way around this? The only way around it is opening up the most recent page and navigating back which can take an age.

Clicking the word [new] will take you to the next reply you haven't read, but you probably know that! Alternatively, each page has approx 15 replies, if you went to the last page of a large topic look in the address bar and reduce the last figure in multiples of 15 (e.g.  .............topic=43708.6000 changing it to =43708.5850 a reduction of 150 will take you to approx 10 pages from the end).

Offline joe_c

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 01:15:45 AM »

Clicking the word [new] will take you to the next reply you haven't read, but you probably know that! Alternatively, each page has approx 15 replies, if you went to the last page of a large topic look in the address bar and reduce the last figure in multiples of 15 (e.g.  .............topic=43708.6000 changing it to =43708.5850 a reduction of 150 will take you to approx 10 pages from the end).

I was not aware of this. Cheers, I will try it straight away!

Offline joe_c

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

I was not aware of this. Cheers, I will try it straight away!

It works, many thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal