collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nathan Baker signs new contract  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Nathan Baker signs new contract
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
sportinglife.com

VILLA TIE DOWN NATHAN BAKER
Nathan Baker has signed on with Aston Villa until the summer of 2014.

The young defender, who made his debut in January, had 12 months to run on his previous deal.

But Villa's lack of a manager has not prevented the club tying down one of their brightest prospects.

"I am over the moon," the 20-year-old told his club's website. "To extend my assocation with Villa is fantastic. I am really happy.

"I managed to get first-team experience under my belt in the season just gone and I plan on working hard in pre-season when it comes around and improving next term. This is the club for me."

Baker, who can play at centre-half or left-back, started five games in total last term.

Offline Mazrim

Re: Nathan Baker signs new contract
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
That does suprise me.
He a reasonable player but I didnt think we'd offer him a contract.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
That does suprise me.
He a reasonable player but I didnt think we'd offer him a contract.

''I'm over the moon''

That surely shows he's a real football pro.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
i always thought he was the better out of him and clark potentially, despite him being a bit younger...

unfortunately, a couple of off field issues, and an injury have held his progression back a bit...

one thing i always liked about him was his ability to not let mistakes affect him... always seemed quite strong mentally, and with his physical size, and the fact that he can actually play a bit, thought he would be the one to break into the first team straight away...

i hope he is now fully back on track an he becomes the player i thought he could be when i first saw him...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »
Carlo must rate him then 8)

Offline achilles

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »
Potentially a good player, so a good move to tie him down to a longer contract. We have wasted wages on much worse players than him recently!

Online darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
I'm glad we have signed him up promising lad.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
I am pleased with this news as he is one of a number of home grown players who will offer us far greater value as cover than some of our illustrious reserves have previously (Beye / Marlon / Sidwell etc). He looked a solid player when I have seen him and the more of these type of solid youngsters with potential we have in the squad the more we can spend on outstanding players like Bent.

It seems to a policy the club are pursuing as they have tied a number of our youngters down to contracts recently if my memory serves me correctly.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
I am pleased with this news as he is one of a number of home grown players who will offer us far greater value as cover than some of our illustrious reserves have previously (Beye / Marlon / Sidwell etc). He looked a solid player when I have seen him and the more of these type of solid youngsters with potential we have in the squad the more we can spend on outstanding players like Bent.

It seems to a policy the club are pursuing as they have tied a number of our youngters down to contracts recently if my memory serves me correctly.

Only three year contract though.  Is there a limit according to age?

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »

Mark Hughes likes Sidwell!

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »

Mark Hughes likes Sidwell!

I hadn't thought of that. I am now in the Carlo camp!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 04:23:39 PM »
Happy for him. Obviously KMac rates him so let's see what he can do over the coming years.

Good luck to him. With that attitude, it won't be for the lack of hard work that will see him fail.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
Well done Nathan, now push on and make the jersey your own.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
my ex wife ran of with a bloke called Baker,

so i wont be having his name printed on the back of me shirt even if he ends up  the new Mcgrath

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 01:22:09 AM »
Think he is going to be a big suprise next season after a full pre season with the first team. Well done Nathan and AVFC .......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal