collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nigel Reo-Coker  (Read 32776 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Nigel Reo-Coker
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
Would be sursprised if he ends up at Stoke as he is a midfielder and they are not used at Stoke whenever i have watched them play.

Offline achilles

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
NRC, who's a born leader, plays the same, week in, week out, always 100% commitment and determination with excellent defensive qualities but limited attacking ability. You only realise how valuable these sort of players are when they don't play for you anymore!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
He'll be a good player for you and I can easily see him playing for you next season.

I'm not his biggest fan but he's the kind of player all teams need. A hard worker who will break up attacks as long as you don't expect him to dazzle all as a play maker or ever score a goal you will be more than satisfied.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
he has a work rate that is excellent, and can break up play... has pace, is reasonably strong and his engine is fantastic...

he does however, have poor decision making... with this he dwells on the ball too much and then has to rush a pass and that makes him look like he is a poor passer of the ball...

his touch isnt the greatest either and it sometimes seems like he has hexagonal shins and feet...

i like him because of his work rate and attitude, however, he is a limited footballer...

i do like the way that his potential targets that apparently included the likes of ac milan, have now been lowered to the likes of stoke...

so much for the hard ball contract negotiations, eh okey cokey? time to fire the agent, me thinks...

He wont end up at a bigger club than us. QPR maybe

Offline Damo70

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »
Hard worker, breaks up opposition attacks and the sort of player every team needs. I would have been happy for him to stay.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »
Why has he left? What were the circumstances surrounding his departure, out of interest?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
He'll be a good player for you and I can easily see him playing for you next season.

I'm not his biggest fan but he's the kind of player all teams need. A hard worker who will break up attacks as long as you don't expect him to dazzle all as a play maker or ever score a goal you will be more than satisfied.

You just know, where ever he ends up, he'll score on his debut. Bloody typical.

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 04:38:06 PM »
too good for stoke - he wont go there im pretty sure.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
He left because he wasn't making as much money as the likes of Petrov and Makoun by the sounds of it. He was one of our better players last season and he will be missed, he lets himself down with his decision making, passese 1 v 1's he doesn't cover himself in glory.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
i followed a black Merc ML with the reg no R C04KER in MK today, got to be his hasnt it,

he wasnt in it though , couple of blond babes actually

i dont think he's going back to MK Dons though !!

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »
Average. Has a lot of fans, but he is very limited footballer. Great at breaking up play, but he gives the ball straight back to the opposition anyway. Thinks he's much better than he actually is.

I'm not unhappy he's gone.

Offline john2710

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
NRC, who's a born leader, plays the same, week in, week out, always 100% commitment and determination with excellent defensive qualities but limited attacking ability. You only realise how valuable these sort of players are when they don't play for you anymore!

He didn't play much for us for the best part of 2 seasons & we didn't miss him much then. He upped his game in the last few weeks, but isn't worth what he was getting, never mind more. I can't believe people are remotely bothered about NRC! Let's see where he ends up, that will show how much other clubs see him. My guess is Blackburn.   

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »
He wanted massive wages and in truth was not worth them, although it would have been cheaper for us to pay them than replace him.

As for the stick, your display at Villa Park deserved instant points deduction. Seriously, as soon as Delap went off I have never seen a side so devoid of what to do next. You won a throw and took about 3 minutes to take it, as it was a shock for another player to have to actually throw the ball in. About 4 had a look before nominating one to give it a try. He threw it straight to us.

Then there was the timewasting, the niggly fouls and the general detestable bastard that is Jermaine Scum Bag from the shit Pennant.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 11:17:50 PM »
Why has he left? What were the circumstances surrounding his departure, out of interest?

As has been said, he was asking for silly money.  He sees this move as his 'big one' - he right in the sweet spot in terms of his age and theoretically should be at the peak of his game.  He thought that this meant he could demand £50k a week or whatever the silly amount was and we'd pay it.  I don't think Stoke have the ability to pay those sort of wages so I'd be surprised if he ends up there unless he realises no one will pay that for him.

If he does get past the money then I think he'll do alright in the Stoke team.  When we were pushing for top 4 he wasn't good enough.  Last year we were shite and he did OK.  I'd have been happy to keep him as a squad player but only on squad player wages.

Commitment and energy can't be faulted.  Talent isn't his thing though.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
Isn't he a little short for a Stoketrooper?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal