collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nigel Reo-Coker  (Read 32732 times)

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
Re: Nigel Reo-Coker
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
If NRC was asking for too much money for us to be able to offer him, with all due respect I doubt he'll end up at sturk.

and if he did I'd be disappointed in him.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »
I'd imagine we're one of only a few teams in this league that is financially sound and has plenty of cash available for transfers and wages.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »
He's a terrier. Breaks up attacks, wins the ball, never stops working. His engine is fantastic.
..... then more often than not gives the ball back to the opposition.
In fairness to him he did finish the season well for us, and good luck to him wherever he chooses to go, but I'd have been disappointed if he'd still been in our midfield next season.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
For giving a team more robustness Reo-Coker is great.  Didn't have much to offer in the last 1/3 though.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
There are a few players in our team who put their heart and soul into the full 90 minutes of a game; NRC is one of them. We always seemed to be stronger when he was playing as he's a real battler. He has a tendency to get caught in possession and some of his passing is not the best, but loved his full-blooded attitude and his determination, a real team player. I was surprised and sad to see him go.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
Not a technically gifted player but that is not a quality TP likes anyway. If you can sign 3 or 4 NRC type players (his ability level not position) this summer you can expect another year in the prem in 12 months time. Limited but always gives 100% and is worth a place in most premier league squads.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
As he plays in midfield, I wouldn't have thought it was of any relevance to Stoke as to what he is like as a player surely? Oh and he can't pass so that should suit you well ;-)

Sorry, I have a lot of time for Stoke as a club and know some great fans who follow them, but I find their style of football utterly repellant

As time has gone on our style of play as slowly improved.

Could have fooled me after the match at Villa Park.
NRC is not really a dirty player or a timewaster, so i'm not sure how much use he'd be to you.

Its not really fair to take one match on its own as an example of how a team plays.

We have been pretty poor away from home this Season but on the whole our style of play has improved.

We do need to step it up next season though, especially away from home.

Quite easily the most dirty, boring and totally niggly "football" team at VP this season. 90 minutes that felt like 3 days. Rugby tactics, in a similar vein to Wimbledon under Bassett. Horrible.

Reo Coker is a good player IMO.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
You didn't win then?  ;)

We're used to the stick, it's nothing new.

Thanks for the info on NRC.

All the best.

WD

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
You didn't win then?  ;)

We're used to the stick, it's nothing new.

Thanks for the info on NRC.

All the best.

WD

To be fair, there were lots of other matches we didn't win last season, but none of them arouse such annoyance as the Stoke one.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
Pulis often rubs people up the wrong way, like I say, we're used to the stick from other fans and the media by now. Its nothing new; water off a ducks back.

We can play some very good stuff on our day. As we did in the Semi at Wembley and just before that when we blew Arsenal away at The Brit.

We can also do the ugly stuff and grind out points, its all about mixing it up.

If West Ham, Blackpool and Brum had been capable of the same they might have stopped up.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »
I was cheering you on at Wembley mate.  I think Pulis has done a hell of a job, and is developing your team well.  I think the finances you have set up is admirable.  Reo-Coker.  If he signs, he will achieve cult status with most of your fans, and you will remain baffled as to why that is.  He has a great work rate.  Thats the good news sorted.....

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
He's an athlete first, footballer second. If you could merge Ireland's ability with Reo Coker's energy and commitment you'd have the ideal PL player.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
I was cheering you on at Wembley mate.  I think Pulis has done a hell of a job, and is developing your team well.  I think the finances you have set up is admirable.  Reo-Coker.  If he signs, he will achieve cult status with most of your fans, and you will remain baffled as to why that is.  He has a great work rate.  Thats the good news sorted.....

Cheers mate.

Now the bad news. . . .!!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
He was our second best player last season. Unless we replace him, we'll miss him. Expect to pay him £50k a week.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
He was our second best player last season. Unless we replace him, we'll miss him. Expect to pay him £50k a week.

We've already got a few on 50k+ a week so that shouldn't be a problem, especially if he's on a free.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal