collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:52:23 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nigel Reo-Coker  (Read 32736 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Nigel Reo-Coker
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
i wouldn't let a stoke fan get to you guys.

I think you'll find it was the other way round.  Perils of posting in a forum where everyone supports another team.  And he only came on to find out what we thought of NRC.

he is trying to antagonise us by saying birmingham city win things and that now birmingham are in europe they wont get knocked out early on like we did twice. he also indirectly calls birmingham/aston a shit hole! now to me thats activly trying to piss us villa fans off.

I think you will find he was fielding negative comments about Stoke City, Stoke players, Stoke fans and Stoke the place for several pages before he made that comment. 

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
I agree with the two posts above.

That said Stoke's horrid tendency to take points of us is getting a bit old.

That's the biggest factor in all this really, isn't it?

EffDee has covered most of it, English football throws up unique challenges and if you want any degree of success, be prepared to deal with completely different styles of play from the opposition from one game to the next.

It's not 'orrible Stoke's fault that our players signed mostly for big transfer fees and huge wages aren't resourceful enough to overcome a side built for a fraction of the cost. Whether they timewaste, have a doughnut like Delap launching scud missiles into the opposition penalty area or whatever.

Whilst we're on the subject, we haven't exactly been purveyors of total football in recent seasons either. A side that relies heavily on set pieces, delivery from out wide and generally has pretty poor possession percentages compared to the opposition? Sound like anyone we know?

I'll ignore the cracks about European football, as for the likes of Stoke and B-lose it's probably a once in a lifetime thrill.

Offline whydelilah

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
i wouldn't let a stoke fan get to you guys.

I think you'll find it was the other way round.  Perils of posting in a forum where everyone supports another team.  And he only came on to find out what we thought of NRC.

he is trying to antagonise us by saying birmingham city win things and that now birmingham are in europe they wont get knocked out early on like we did twice. he also indirectly calls birmingham/aston a shit hole! now to me thats activly trying to piss us villa fans off.

I think you will find he was fielding negative comments about Stoke City, Stoke players, Stoke fans and Stoke the place for several pages before he made that comment. 

Well said that man.

I didn't come on here to get dragged into that kind of drivel.

Some times knuckle draggers drag you down to their level.

I apologise for that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:35:27 PM by whydelilah »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Agreed, its a fuck load worse than terrible.

Still, at least Brum ended up with a trophy, you may get some decent European sides descending on the area next season.

What a shame I was actually rooting for you until your last post - thought you were handling the abuse and goading with wit and flair!  i think NRC would do a great job for you - just don't let him shoot

Apology accepted  :-)

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
Yes, Reo Coker would be a quality addition for Stoke, would have been pretty happy if we still had him to be honest. Has he signed for them?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
NRC - i remember his agent saying he would be one of the most sort after free agents this summer, and know he is off to Stoke - laughing my tits off!! i hope that NRC gets all he deserves (I want 80k a week) yeah best of luck!!

Offline RunRickyRun

« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »
As time has gone on our style of play as slowly improved.

Admittedly its not the most "aesthetically pleasing" in the league but it is effective.

We now deploy 2 out and out, old fashioned style wingers so we don't always go down the direct route.

I've watched Stoke a few times when we haven't been playing and I thought you were improving.

Then your lot came to Villa Park and I saw, for the first time in memory, wingers not trying to beat their man but attempting to cannon the ball off the fullbacks shins at every opportunity.

It wasn't pretty
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:05:05 PM by RunRickyRun »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal