collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barclays Asia Trophy (27th-30th July 2011)  (Read 176928 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Asia Trophy (Or Villa v Blackburn Part 1,000,000)
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »
Anyone going?

I'll be there. Taking the missus. We've always fancied going to Hong Kong, so when the chance of seing the lads in action there came along, it was too good an opportunity to miss. Can't believe frickin' Blackburn got the invite too, but hey ho. If you see a Lichfield Villains banner on the TV, that'll be us.

We're going.  Been persuaded by Jon's sister who lives on Lamma Island and works in HK.  I'm in denial as I can't stand the thought of flying for so many hours.  Only ever flown for 4 hours before.  Help!
Dont eat on the plane until the last meal, dont drink alcohol, drink plenty of water.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
I did it for busniess a few years ago and it was the worst flight i have ever endured
14 hours in cattle class

HK is a fantastic place though

Luckily for you you will fly into the new airport - the old one was a real shit your self moment to come into land with the plane banking at what seemed 90 degrees in between sky scrapers to land on a strip that went out to sea!

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 03:06:12 AM »
Drink loads of water before take-off.
Watch a film, drink more water and eat the first meal.
Go pee.
Pop a Xanax.
Sleep.
Wake up for breakfast.
Pee before breakfast is served.

Voila.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »
My brother and his son renewed their season tickets after much humming and hawing. Mentioned to girl on phone thy were going to be in HK next week . They were contacted later that day and have been invited to international kit launch in Honkers. A QandA with the one and only Ian Taylor and a barbecue with the team in Kowloon Cricket Club courtesy of Hong Kong Villains. was also told ere would be 1_2 new faces in HK. Would need to be British if they were going to sort out visas before Sunday. Don't think it would be easy to get a Venezuelan for example into HK on short notice.
Very good PR by the club which is nice to see. I am not sure who is the most excited, my brother or my nephew. I will keep you updated

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Details of all events in Hong Kong next week are on the HK Lions website -
http://www.hklions.hk/

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Am gutted. Our company was bought by a large US publisher a few weeks ago so now I have to fly to Singapore on Tuesday to meet the new overlords for 4 days. In relative terms this would be my closest game of the season, edging out Carrow Rd by about 5000 km.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »
Everything you need to know about Hong Kong's Barclays Asia Trophy

Villa are taking part in the prestigious Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong next week - and you can find out everything you need to know by downloading these two comprehensive guides.

Guide to Hong Kong

Guide to Barclays Asia Trophy

Both commissioned by the Barclays Premier League, the first takes a look at Hong Kong itself.

You can find out the places you must visit while you're over there, basic phrases to help you get by as well as information on currency and shopping, safety and security, your passport, water, plugs, weather and contact information.

The second guide focuses on the tournament itself, explaining about the history of the Asia Trophy, the match schedule, the stadium, key facts on the event as well as information on getting to the ground.

Now an established part of the Premier League's fixture calendar, the Barclays Asia Trophy is a bi-annual tournament and the only Premier League-affiliated competition to be held outside England.

This is the fifth Asia Trophy, the others having previously been held in Kuala Lumpur (2003), Bangkok (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Beijing (2009).

The four team knock-out tournament will take place over two match days on July 27 and 30, with a final to determine the winner and a play-off to decide third place.

All matches will take place in the Hong Kong Stadium.

The tournament will be officiated by Barclays Premier League match officials and HKFA match officials and will also be staged in accordance with Barclays Premier League rules.

Barclays is the title sponsor of the Asia Trophy for the third time.

Commercial partners for the Barclays Asia Trophy are Nike, EA Sports and Samsung.

The Premier League has also committed to a full programme of 'Creating Chances' activities, including coaching initiatives, refereeing schemes and community schemes to run alongside the Barclays Asia Trophy.

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "There is great anticipation at the Premier League in bringing the Barclays Asia Trophy back to Hong Kong. The HKFA put on an excellent tournament in 2007 and we are supremely confident they will repeat that success.

"The Hong Kong Stadium is a wonderful facility and, like last time, we hope to see it filled with those fans in East Asia that follow the Barclays Premier League week-in week-out. We are fortunate to have such a fantastic following in Hong Kong and we look forward to reacquainting ourselves with old friends."

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
Re: Barclays Asia Trophy (27th-30th July 2011)
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
Charged us for the dearest seats, so expected to be in the Upper tier around the half way line. Turns out we're in the Lower tier right by the corner flag. Cheeky fuckers!!

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
Is it just me or does every other tram seem to be playing alot more friendlies than Villa?

I hope we are not under cooked going into the start of the season.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
No Shrek,it's not just you!

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »

We cant play too many games due to the fact that if we pick up some injuries/suspensions we may run out of players........

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 05:33:32 PM »

We cant play too many games due to the fact that if we pick up some injuries/suspensions we may run out of players........

I bet we travelled over in a Cessna.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »
Our lads arrive safe and well in HK

clicky

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 06:23:03 AM »
All the games are on live in in New Zealand. Looking forward to them  :)

Offline costablancavillan

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »
It's on in our local sports, so its a san miguel please john.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal