collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa - Sepp Blatter is standing for FIFA election unopposed  (Read 14133 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: 0% villa - Sepp Blatter is standing for FIFA election unopposed
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »
He's held up in this "Fortress Fifa" stronghold, I think this is a UN job, I'm talking no-fly zone, night time bombing raids, the use of Apache helicopters and bunker busters hi tek bombs.

Even then i doubt he would resign.

Reminds you of someone else.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
He's held up in this "Fortress Fifa" stronghold, I think this is a UN job, I'm talking no-fly zone, night time bombing raids, the use of Apache helicopters and bunker busters hi tek bombs.

Even then i doubt he would resign.

Reminds you of someone else.
Gordon Brown?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »
Tony Blair?

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
I think we need to kick every single one of them out then bring in former player  from each country to work together let say for example and use 75 ex players who are retired and not coaching.  and to keep corruption down everyone only get 250,000 a year max salary. This means no lawyers, no businessman, etc. Maybe Each country FA can have an election for ex player to stand on behalf of their country.

Italy - Paulo Maldini
France - Zinezine Zidane
Spain - Fernando Hierro
England - David Beckham (When he hang up his boots)
Portual - Luis Figo
Sweden - Henrik Larrsson
Argentina - Diego Maradona
Brazil = Pele
Peru - Nobert Solano
Scotland - Pat Nevin
Wales - Dean Saunders
etc

Zidane was an ambassador for the Qatar bid and I don't think Maradona is the best figure head for a new cleaner game.

All the names listed and most pro's over the last 10 years for that matter have probably made enough money out of the game already to not be bothered about getting involved in the politics of it all.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 07:15:20 AM »
CRISIS ? WHAT CRISIS ?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
I'm watching Blatter's press conference; complete and utter farce. He told us more about the settlement between Randy and MON than he did about the current scandals facing FIFA.
How many times did he use the phrase "football family"?

It was comical. He really thinks he's the head of the mafia.

I currently work for an international organisation and until recently they had their very own version of Blatter.  Part of my job is to look at potential fraud and corruption and there are certain "red flags" that are sure signs that something dodgy is going on.   One is the "alpha male" type leader who insulates himself by surrounding himself with cronies, and it is not untypical for this person to refer to them as his "family".  Where he can;t get cronies, the next best thing is to have some dirt on potential rivals.  Everything is kept within the "family", thus there is no transparency and, it follows, little or no accountability.  Blatter and FIFA are flying so many "red flags" it's frigging obvious what is going on, but Blatter feels safe assuming he can keep things within the "family" because they will support him.  These guys tend to get complacent and contemptuously arrogant sooner or later, believing they are untouchable come what may.   Blatter seems to be at that stage now.  He makes Berlusconi look like a paragon of virtue.

Offline mozza

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
Blatter IS Fifa - can't see anyone standing up to him - would give Gaddafi a run for his money as
No 1 dictator

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
I see the FA want FIFA to postpone the election - and for an independent body to recommend improvements to the governance of the organisation. Given the FA's record did Bernstein manage to keep a straight face when he said this?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
I see the FA want FIFA to postpone the election - and for an independent body to recommend improvements to the governance of the organisation. Given the FA's record did Bernstein manage to keep a straight face when he said this?

I know what you mean, but I'd rather them say something than nothing at all. Football is in a mess at its highest echelons and something needs to be done. England can't just walk away from the organisation sadly, so something has to be said.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
As ever money rules.  Might see something happen now that their big sponsors are starting to express their displeasure with what's going on.  Adidas, Coca Cola and Emirates have apparently all issued statements along the lines of they "look forward to the outcome of a transparent review" so says CNN anyway.

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »
Comic genius Julio Grondona (Argentina) said:

"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »

"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

And that's what we're dealing with. What an utter ******.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 05:16:07 PM »

The same Grondona who once said:

"‘I do not believe a Jew can ever be a referee at that level (Argentine Premier League) because it’s hard work and, you know, Jews don’t like hard work".

FIFA, to a man, are utter shits. It'd be a glorious day for football if a bomb went off when they next gather around the meeting table.

Having said that, our FA's attempt to show they're sticking it to the man is laughable. A lot of people seem to be saying we should break away, as if our English version of shameless money-grabbing and blatant corruption is any better than FIFA's.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
I think we need to kick every single one of them out then bring in former player  from each country to work together let say for example and use 75 ex players who are retired and not coaching.  and to keep corruption down everyone only get 250,000 a year max salary. This means no lawyers, no businessman, etc. Maybe Each country FA can have an election for ex player to stand on behalf of their country.

Italy - Paulo Maldini
France - Zinezine Zidane
Spain - Fernando Hierro
England - David Beckham (When he hang up his boots)
Portual - Luis Figo
Sweden - Henrik Larrsson
Argentina - Diego Maradona
Brazil = Pele
Peru - Nobert Solano
Scotland - Pat Nevin
Wales - Dean Saunders
etc

Zidane was an ambassador for the Qatar bid and I don't think Maradona is the best figure head for a new cleaner game.

All the names listed and most pro's over the last 10 years for that matter have probably made enough money out of the game already to not be bothered about getting involved in the politics of it all.

2.29pm: The Spanish chairman of the Fifa legal committee, Ángel María Villar Llona, has just received a rapturous applause after denouncing criticisms of Fifa and acclaiming President Blatter. "The problem of some comments in the paper came from some people who may have lost in the World Cup elections," fumed Villar Llona. "Well, we have certain professionals in information who are protected by the sacred right of information but are attacking head-on the rights of others - mainly the football leaders. It's enough. They associated us with crimes we have not committed, they insult, they attack our freedom. It's enough." He then demands that Blatter's greatness be acknowledged: "Let's talk about the main issues ... for the last 12 years this gentleman [gestures towards Blatter] has done them. He is a great president and I respect him."

2.36pm: As if to retort to the Scandinavian call for an independent inquiry, Villar Llona scoffs at the notion of anyone from outside "the football family" helping to solve any problems Fifa may have. "You are fathers," he tells the delegates. "Would you let people from the outside into your family to sort out problems?"

That's former Athletic Bilbao and Spain midfielder Ángel María Villar Llona.

I'm not sure getting a bunch of ex-players in is automatically going to be a fix-all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal