collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who Should be Aston Villa Manager ? Now with new, revised poll  (Read 1988453 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: Who Should be Aston Villa Manager ? Now with new, revised poll
« Reply #5430 on: June 12, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
Rijkaard's odds are shortening and even Pulis has entered the fray, although a long way out.
These two shouldn't mentioned in the same sentence should they? Just goes to show the game the press and bookies are playing with the whole thing and using it to create a bit of business for themselves.
( Out of interest i see Rijkaard's as our kind of calibre, Pulis not!)

I agree, and if it where the case that this is a manager we are seriously looking at why haven't we already gone for him and kicking is front door in to get him. Perhaps if it where the case there may be just a little scrap of hope that players like Young and Downing may reconsider things. IMO.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #5431 on: June 12, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
The board have made a rod for their own back, by being gentlemen and sending nice requests out to other clubs they have left themselves wide open. This again shows a lack of knowledge of the business of prem football, players are tapped up all the time and so are managers to think otherwise is silly, if you are the only chairman in the league doing the right thing you will get trod on. They cannot sign a nonentity now too much time has been lost and there are too many season tickets to be lost.

That's it in a nutshell. There's no point playing the game if you're the only one playing by the rule-book. I'm sure Whelan has a high opinion of Lerner and Villa but he must have pissed himself at the way we conducted things. This is a business where self-styled business hardman Alan Sugar got a new hoop torn for himself. This is a business where the governing body is run by a man who would be described as a "bit iffy" by the mafia. Time to swim with the sharks or get eaten.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #5432 on: June 12, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »
Rijkaard's odds are shortening and even Pulis has entered the fray, although a long way out.
These two shouldn't mentioned in the same sentence should they? Just goes to show the game the press and bookies are playing with the whole thing and using it to create a bit of business for themselves.

I agree, and if it where the case that this is a manager we are seriously looking at why haven't we already gone for him and kicking is front door in to get him. Perhaps if it where the case there may be just a little scrap of hope that players like Young and Downing may reconsider things. IMO.
I can only think, as the General implies, that we have a list of possibles and are researching everything about them before making very gentlemanly approaches through the proper channels etc.
It's just doin' our 'eads in not knowing anything and seeing our club being dragged in shit by the press!
(I know I read somewhere that Rijkaard was supposed to be interested. Any quotes from him?) 

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #5433 on: June 12, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
The board have made a rod for their own back, by being gentlemen and sending nice requests out to other clubs they have left themselves wide open. This again shows a lack of knowledge of the business of prem football, players are tapped up all the time and so are managers to think otherwise is silly, if you are the only chairman in the league doing the right thing you will get trod on. They cannot sign a nonentity now too much time has been lost and there are too many season tickets to be lost.

That's it in a nutshell. There's no point playing the game if you're the only one playing by the rule-book. I'm sure Whelan has a high opinion of Lerner and Villa but he must have pissed himself at the way we conducted things. This is a business where self-styled business hardman Alan Sugar got a new hoop torn for himself. This is a business where the governing body is run by a man who would be described as a "bit iffy" by the mafia. Time to swim with the sharks or get eaten.

We're getting eaten at the moment - I agree.

Too soft by half, a bit of a laughing stock.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5434 on: June 12, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »

We're getting eaten at the moment - I agree.

Too soft by half, a bit of a laughing stock.

dont agree with any of you,
if we are the only ones who are playing it straight and fair, then so be it.
i like it that way

anyway, if we didnt what difference would it make, would we now have Anceloti or Moyes, doubt it

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5435 on: June 12, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
Before we pass judgement on our how the club have performed during this process shouldn't we wait for the outcome?

Offline eastie

« Reply #5436 on: June 12, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »
just back from work- any new links to anybody or does the saga continue?

Offline Villanation

« Reply #5437 on: June 12, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »

I can only think, as the General implies, that we have a list of possibles and are researching everything about them before making very gentlemanly approaches through the proper channels etc.
It's just doin' our 'eads in not knowing anything and seeing our club being dragged in shit by the press!
(I know I read somewhere that Rijkaard was supposed to be interested. Any quotes from him?)

I don't think people realise that the campaign that the press are involved with is doing us no good whatsoever, its making us look fickle and feckless, the Martinez thing is a classic case of one upmanship in its best form, Villa ended up floundering, that was the only point i was making with Fulham, you do your business and get on with it quietly and competantly.

I fully except the Generals point of view, we are all entitled to them, he's fought for that very cause, point is while all this uncertainty is going on players are talking to agents and Villa don't look good and the press love that. thats my thoughts on it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:40:14 PM by Villanation »

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #5438 on: June 12, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
Before we pass judgement on our how the club have performed during this process shouldn't we wait for the outcome?

Couldn't agree more Chris! Know I've said it before but we simply have to put our faith in RL and company to make the best choice in the circumstances. Although it's bloody frustrating it just takes time.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #5439 on: June 12, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »
I'm sick of hearing about how we're a laughing stock. According to whom? A bunch of hacks who can barely string a sentence together, who've had their noses put out of joint because their attepmpts to smoke Villa out into the press have failed? That their laughable exclusives look even more desperate each day. Dont worry hacks, if you go through every manager in the world you'll get it right, perhaps it will be one of the first ones you linked us too and despite mentioning 50 managers since, you had the exclusive, right?

I get frustrated with the club for the wall of silence because I'm a fan and I want news. I want these imbecile "journalists" and pundits put in their place. But I couldn't give a fuck what the media think or what Raj from Crawley who's a Man United fan thinks. It changes nothing.
We'll go about our business and the bookies will make a killing every day because of it.

So whilst I realise it's not going to make a jot of difference to those trawling the web 24:7 for news and fretting over who Betfred have just reduced the odds on, dont give the hacks any more credence than they deserve, which is none at all, by giving fuck number one what they write or think.
There will be a story, thats a certainty, and in the absence of of any meay facts theyll print whatever they want.

When we do appoint a decent credible manager it will all be about how Randy made a U-turn rather than the truth that they had no idea to begin or finish with.

Online TonyD

« Reply #5440 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
McLeish is now favourite on Oddschecker.   Christ on a bike.  Come on sign Rijkaard and we can look forward to the next season. 

Offline Villanation

« Reply #5441 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
I'm sick of hearing about how we're a laughing stock. According to whom? A bunch of hacks who can barely string a sentence together, who've had their noses put out of joint because their attepmpts to smoke Villa out into the press have failed? That their laughable exclusives look even more desperate each day. Dont worry hacks, if you go through every manager in the world you'll get it right, perhaps it will be one of the first ones you linked us too and despite mentioning 50 managers since, you had the exclusive, right?

I get frustrated with the club for the wall of silence because I'm a fan and I want news. I want these imbecile "journalists" and pundits put in their place. But I couldn't give a fuck what the media think or what Raj from Crawley who's a Man United fan thinks. It changes nothing.
We'll go about our business and the bookies will make a killing every day because of it.

So whilst I realise it's not going to make a jot of difference to those trawling the web 24:7 for news and fretting over who Betfred have just reduced the odds on, dont give the hacks any more credence than they deserve, which is none at all, by giving fuck number one what they write or think.
There will be a story, thats a certainty, and in the absence of of any meay facts theyll print whatever they want.

When we do appoint a decent credible manager it will all be about how Randy made a U-turn rather than the truth that they had no idea to begin or finish with.

Do you know Raj aswell.

Offline Maradona10

« Reply #5442 on: June 12, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Great post Mazrim and exactly how I feel about. We have a lot of people jumping on the board questioning the ambitions, shame no one questioned their football experience when we were signing Bent.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #5443 on: June 12, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »
McLeish is now favourite on Oddschecker.   Christ on a bike. Come on sign Rijkaard and we can look forward to the next season.

So so true......Is it me or at this delicate time of the year there is the small matter of season tickets at stake  :-\

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5444 on: June 12, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

agree with every word there mate
which just shows how things are getting on here, cus i dont think i've ever done that before

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal