collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young days away from joining Man.Utd  (Read 41435 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: Young days away from joining Man.Utd
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 12:49:23 AM »
He's been about as loyal as a dog is with a bone until someone walks into the room with a plate of meat. Fair enough really. I don't actually blame him as he's performed relatively well and its a two way thing. Clubs dump players if they don't rate them. Downing on the other hand who's given us probably 10 months reasonable service before seemingly trying to jump ship is another matter

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 12:59:27 AM »
Remember that when AY joined us, his Dad was his agent and he was quite clear that his development would be better served with MoN at VP rather than at Sperms or the other suitors.

Once he had employed a "normal" agent, the writing was on the wall unless we became CL contenders.

Offline Jim Shoes

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:25 AM »
I'm in Perth Australia so I'm surrounded by ManU "fans" (I'm sure some of the think that Manchester is a suburb of London!) anyway NOT a single one here that I have spoken to rates him or wants ManU to sign him, if fact one for my sins that I have to work with says if it happens in his opinion it will be the worst signing in years.

Bit harsh and I know it means nothing because if Fegie has his plans none of the supporters are going to stop him nor should they with his record, so I'm wondering because I guess most of us have no choice but to rub shoulders with the glory hunting heathen red scum (can you tell that I don't like them?) what the general feeling amongst them is about possibly signing Young?

My guess is "were United and we can take what we want, Villa who?" attitude.

If he leave I have no problem with him joining them and after what we have witnessed for the last 2 seasons I honestly think he will struggle holding a place down there, good luck to him and as long as we get a good price for a player with 1 year left on his contract then we move on.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »
I'm in Perth Australia so I'm surrounded by ManU "fans" (I'm sure some of the think that Manchester is a suburb of London!) anyway NOT a single one here that I have spoken to rates him or wants ManU to sign him, if fact one for my sins that I have to work with says if it happens in his opinion it will be the worst signing in years.

Bit harsh and I know it means nothing because if Fegie has his plans none of the supporters are going to stop him nor should they with his record, so I'm wondering because I guess most of us have no choice but to rub shoulders with the glory hunting heathen red scum (can you tell that I don't like them?) what the general feeling amongst them is about possibly signing Young?

If he leave I have no problem with him joining them and after what we have witnessed for the last 2 seasons I honestly think he will struggle holding a place down there, good luck to him and as long as we get a good price for a player with 1 year left on his contract then we move on.

I second all that, he is at times a good player for Villa, but I feel its another case of little fish in a big pond syndrome if he joins United. I have no doubts that they will make him into a better player but I would take Nani or Valencia ahead of Young everyday. I feel the whole poilicy of buying British under MON is going to bite us in the arse as all the other teams will want our English players to make up the "home grown" rule....exactly why Man.City bought Barry & Milner really.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 08:08:08 AM »

Ha, i remember they said the same thing when they signed Yorke. They didnt do too badly out of him did they, the wankers?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »
Looking at his performances in the last year, there is no comparison between the talents of Yorke and Young. Im honestly surprised that Fergie wants him. Unless of course there is something in him that he hasnt been showing in a Villa shirt of late, which if there is tells you all about his attitude towards us. 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »

What's most annoying about that is that they're probably right.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
Looking at his performances in the last year, there is no comparison between the talents of Yorke and Young. Im honestly surprised that Fergie wants him. Unless of course there is something in him that he hasnt been showing in a Villa shirt of late, which if there is tells you all about his attitude towards us. 

I think we might just find that out to be true.

As to whether that's the difference between knowing you are the un-droppable fixture in a middle-ranking team, or the renewed aspiration of proving yourself amongst better players and for a manager who doesn't let you rest on your laurels, is a matter for the sports psychologists.

Since we all know he's off, if a deal is to be concluded as soon as the transfer window is opened, I think that is in the best interests of all concerned.  As the Barry and Milner sagas have highlighted, the last thing the club needs is to return for pre-season and have a will they/won't they question mark hanging over one of the integral members of the squad.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 09:13:22 AM »
Yep, anyone wanting out, get rid asap and lets get properly organised for the season ahead this time. Proper annoyed about Downing, not many clubs would have bought a player for 12 million with a broken bloody leg. Arse.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
I will be sad to see him leave but when a player wants to leave then I think it is better to let them we will survive without him good luck to him is what I say.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
im not overly fussed about him going if this is true, as he has been on a rapid decline for two years now both in terms of play and attitude, however, i wish him well, and will give him a good response when he returns...

despite the poor form antics over the past 2 years, before that he was a very exciting player who contributed a lot to our team...

Offline myf

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
Poor antics? Rapid decline?  Utter bollocks.  He is simply a player who is not clinical in his crosses, free kicks and shots but his commitment is second to none and he creates loads of chances, and always scores a decent amount of goals.

Fergie will have him as a winger where his is best, rather than an attacking midlefielder.

Will be a major loss to Villa, as was Milner.  Another terible season awaits if we lose him and Downing.  We won't be able to attract players of their calibre unless we brought in a top class manager.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
you are entitled to your opinion, as i am mine...

i have been saying the same thing for two years now, and have been very underwhelmed with youngs performances, and his general attitude....

i appreciate that not all will agree...

Offline sfx412

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
Why is it so hard for fans to accept players will jump at the chance to join clubs like Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal ?

Why stay at a club bumbling from one crisis to the next, often left in a stasis while the owners prevaricate when they can be part of a club probably on more money, who don't just promise but achieve things. Clubs full of drive, ambition, and present day success.

Its not nice for us fans but it could be worse, ask the fans suppoting Ridgewell, davies and Gardner who were all once 'stars' at Villa too.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
you are entitled to your opinion, as i am mine...

i have been saying the same thing for two years now, and have been very underwhelmed with youngs performances, and his general attitude....

i appreciate that not all will agree...

I agree with you Pablo........He has got 10 bookings this season @ least 8 of those are for diving or dissent and that proves his poor attitude

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal