collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young days away from joining Man.Utd  (Read 41506 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Young days away from joining Man.Utd
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »
It's a fact of life for us now sadly.  We get good players in, make them even better and sell them to the big boys.  What a sad fact.

It's a fact of life for about 89 league clubs, and has been for years. When did we last see off an approach for one of our players?

Offline sfx412

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »
Norm Crandles, how right you look like being.

Its going to be one of those windows where we count the quality out and be amazed at the alternatives McAllister brings in.

Be interesting to see if General K can PR this sale away.
If it happens of course.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »
As others have said it's happened for years,it started with Gerry Hitchens,Bruce Rioch,David Platt,Dwight Yorke ..........
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:30:29 PM by Nigel Macdougall »

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
It's a fact of life for us now sadly.  We get good players in, make them even better and sell them to the big boys.  What a sad fact.

It's a fact of life for about 89 league clubs, and has been for years. When did we last see off an approach for one of our players?
Well that is the point, If we want to play with the big boys we need to come up with a strategy that we are not reliant on a few stars supported by mediocrity but a siuation where a group of players come together believing that they can achieve something wearing a Villa shirt. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »

When MoN and Randy saw off Liverpool's approach for Barry.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »

But not Man Citeh's

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:35:40 PM by Nigel Macdougall »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

You mean the one they couldn't afford?

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39:18 PM »
Why is it (as someone pointed out in a different post) that Everton seem able to hold onto their best players year in year out (Lescott excepted).  Is it because of the team mentality and the settled atmosphere at the club or because their best players aren't individually that good?  I'm honestly not sure which it is.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »

You mean the one they couldn't afford?

I was just answering the question posed.

Offline tonyh

• Location: Used to be row 24 seat 64, still is changed my mind
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
There is no loyalty in football, cricket or rugby, any upward move is garnished with the lure of the lira and success.

I wish that once in a while a footballer would pay cursory attention to the grass roots, or their current employer instead of the big time charley approach,

But I am on a fools errand

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
Why is it (as someone pointed out in a different post) that Everton seem able to hold onto their best players year in year out (Lescott excepted).  Is it because of the team mentality and the settled atmosphere at the club or because their best players aren't individually that good?  I'm honestly not sure which it is.
this is a good point, i think that Everton has a spirit that enables them to punch above there weight. we have got primidonas like Young Downing, old pros not that bothered Dunne Collins and on big money, we have suffered with too many players that dont get it.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »
If he's days away from joining them are they abroad or is he abroad? They're got the CL final soon so really he could just wait there for them. Or are they just keeping an equal distance away from him and he's gradually cutting the distance because he's using faster transport? I really need to know.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »
Theye are in The Landmark Hotel opposite Marylebone Station. he is in Stevanege but will be at the game tomorrow

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 12:16:21 AM »

Other teams do it, that is true, but while people quote the example of Spurs, I can't remember the last time they did it three years on the bounce

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 12:23:01 AM »
There is no loyalty in football, cricket or rugby, any upward move is garnished with the lure of the lira and success.

You know, I think Ashley has been loyal.

I think he would be staying if Villa were playing Champions League football next season.

We are where we are.

Where we are isn't where top players aspire to be, so we are a stepping stone - a very good stepping stone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal