collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NRC, Pires and Carew amongst Ten Players Released  (Read 42483 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Ten Players Released
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
It's early days, but the triple whammy of losing NRC, Ashley and having to have Houllier back, doesn't give me much cause for optimism for next season.

The thought of Lee Camp or Robert Green as our keeper has me shivering like a shitting dog as well.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
And was there any mention of Bradley going back to Germany?
Hopefully, he's a Happy Shopper NRC.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
Doing this a bit arse about face aren't we ? Should we annouce GH is staying first or are we to assume by these annoucements he is ? If we're still in limbo, who is making the decisions ? I accept the senior guys could have made their own decisions, but who decided on the kids.

Mind you add Brad x2,Young, Downing,Warnock and Beye to that list and we can expect a few big big signings then.

Offline mozza

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
VERY disappointed to see NRC leave - he has invariably given his all to the cause even
when played out of position and wish him well for the future-

Carew - big time charlie - could be good but was often poor and preferred to wave to
supporters instead of concentrating on his game -

Salifou - promised but didn't deliver - saw him outplay Huddlestone of Spurs in reserve match
at Bescot and thought he could be the business - good luck to him

Pires - nothing worthy of comment

Osborne - wasn't the lad motm at Anfield ...... whatever happened to him after that ?

Arsenio Halfhuid - a centre back plenty of potential so we play him as a centre forward !!!

Forrester - will make a name for himself but unfortunately not in the Prem or Championship

Berry & Deeney - the fullbacks pity one of them hasn't made it through the ranks and apologies
to Flannagan ........can't place you

Where's Warnock ? someone at VP must think he is worth a transfer fee !!!!

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »
It's early days, but the triple whammy of losing NRC, Ashley and having to have Houllier back, doesn't give me much cause for optimism for next season.

The thought of Lee Camp or Robert Green as our keeper has me shivering like a shitting dog as well.

Irrespective of the current events at VP the last bit of this made me chuckle, im going to borrow that one..

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
NRC!?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »
Can someone put me right because I am a bit puzzled on this.

The decisions regarding players leaving the club lie with the manager (taking into account contracts and other external influences aside from ability) so I assume that GH or his staff compiled this list so are we to assume that there will be no change in the management structure?

If there is then why are they allowed to have such responsibility? Surely until the management situation is clarified then any comings or goings should be put on hold?

I'm always nervous when anybody other than the manager make decisions such as this and the club must have learned this harsh lesson given a certain arrival last summer.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
Where is salifou going? Real? Barca?

If he's got the same agent as NRC I'm sure they've been on the phone.

Offline tauntonvilla

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »
I'm honestly not bothered one bit about NRC, was never a fan. I’ve not seen anything he’s done in his time in a Villa shirt to warrant the transfer fee, and wages he commanded. A grafter yes, a footballer never.

He aint going to win you a game of trump cards for sure.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
I can’t believe no one has considered the impact this is going to have on the singing from the Holte end. Salifou /  NRC  / Carew / Young (probably). Thank God Cuellar got injured. If Gabby goes the Holte ends portfolio of tunes diminishes to an all time low!

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
Re: NRC, Pires and Carew amongst Ten Players Released
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
Surely we need to know who's manager before we have a lost of players released ?
Roe-Coker was one of our best players last season, surely we could have done more to keep him ?
Harry forrester also, signed for over a million from Watford wasn't he, he hasn't pushed on as we all hoped after starring for England at Youth level ???
I am sick of all the doom and gloom this season, I'm off on my holidays and hope by the time I come back there is a semblence of organisation and direction at Villa Park :-\

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »
It doesn't really need the amanger to make these decisions.  That's a list of 10 players who either haven't been offered or haven't accepted a new contract.  We can't keep them at the club and see if a new manager offers them a contract so it's not that someone other than the manager IS making decisions about who to get rid of but rather that there ISN'T anyone negotiating deals with out of contract players.  For the youngsters the decision would have come from the reserves and youth setup anyway, for the seniors the only suprise is NRC.

I can't see anything to worry about with this.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »

Well i'm not sorry to see NRC or Carew go tbh.NRC gave everything, but was limited, Carew is finished.

If , as reported, NRC wanted £50k a week more than we were prepared to pay him, then thats £2.5m a year we have saved in wages per year on NRC alone.

See ya.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »
Can someone put me right because I am a bit puzzled on this.

The decisions regarding players leaving the club lie with the manager

It doesn't really need the amanger to make these decisions.  That's a list of 10 players who either haven't been offered or haven't accepted a new contract.  We can't keep them at the club and see if a new manager offers them a contract so it's not that someone other than the manager IS making decisions about who to get rid of but rather that there ISN'T anyone negotiating deals with out of contract players.  For the youngsters the decision would have come from the reserves and youth setup anyway, for the seniors the only suprise is NRC.

I can't see anything to worry about with this.

Agree. If they are out of contract, they are released by default. If they had stayed on, no doubt the doom-mongers would have been saying who's re-signing these players before we have a manager in place.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:33:43 PM by maidstonevillain »

Offline IRISHPHIL

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
with reo being relised his postion can be filled by hogg, who was on loan at portsmouth

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal