collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nigel Reo Coker and his limitations/attributes  (Read 24319 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Nigel Reo Coker and his limitations/attributes
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
Reo Coker has had a decent season. I agree. But he lacks technical ability. Aerial dominance and the ability to make "killer" passes on a regular basis. He also lacks any pace to go round a player which is crucial in the middle of the park. None of the top six sides or even the top ten would have him in there side so why do some fans think he should stay ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:31:55 PM by Legion »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Decent holding midfield player. The rest of the stuff is what Makoun is for, I mean I doubt we'd end up signing anyone better than Reo-Coker to replace him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
I'm not a fan but I suppose the fact that he's been a part of a side that has finished top 10 four years running makes your argument a bit redundant. 

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
Why does he need to make killer passes? His job is to win the ball, link up play and give it to a claret and blue shirt - something he has done increasingly impressively as the season has gone on because this manager believes in him.

I would hope Delph would be able play that role more impressively over time but he is not ready yet. In the meantime, I would certainly want Reo-Coker to stay.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
if he does go, it will be interesting as to the quality of clubs that come in for him,

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

I'm not a fan but I suppose the fact that he's been a part of a side that has finished top 10 four years running makes your argument a bit redundant. 
Does not really mean anything. Joey Barton has not even been in the premiership for the last four years. But i know who i would rather have ? .....

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
I'm hopeful we can find a slightly better version of him to play the holding role. He's probably worth hanging onto as back up.

As somebody put it to me at the weekend. You don't want a team of Reo Cokers but you do need one.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
He was one of the best players on the pitch on Sunday until GM dragged him off. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022

Agreed.  He put himself about and broke up attacks very effectively.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
I think he's g.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
I'll be gutted if Coker leaves.Always puts a shift in

Offline Summers

I think he's OG.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Thread title suggestion: "Reo-Coker?"

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I would like him to stay he has improved this season and his experience will useful for all the younger players.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/

Agreed.  He put himself about and broke up attacks very effectively.

With the exception of Downing, he's been our most consistent player this season. You can see his confidence has grown over the season, his passing is far better than he's given credit for and without his tackling we'd be lost. He's never going to be your box-to-box player but it's endless running and work as a defensive midfielder that allows the more attacking minded to function.

We'll miss him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal