collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Cuellar Injured  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Jimsta

• GM : 13.05.2020
Carlos Cuellar Injured
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
Sorry if there is another post on this subject, But i have looked and couldn't see anything.
Anyway Carlos Cuellar has gone under the knife. Knee surgery which will keep him out for 3 months, He will miss the start of the season. ( if he still here.)
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6950012,00.html
Sorry don't know how to do the short link.

Offline enigma

Re: Carlos Cuellar Injured
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
Can't see him being sold then which I don't mind actually. I'd rather keep him and get rid of Dunne.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
Good news IMHO, since it should rpevent a transfer ... maybe (didn't stop us buying Downing from the Smoggies).

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »
I like Carlos and am sorry that he's injured but lets be honest under GH a tailors dummy has more chance of starting

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Is it possible that the reason he hasn't played much is because of the injury that this operation is meant to fix, rather than because of some irrational aversion of the manager to playing him?

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
Sorry if there is another post on this subject, But i have looked and couldn't see anything.
Anyway Carlos Cuellar has gone under the knife. Knee surgery which will keep him out for 3 months, He will miss the start of the season. ( if he still here.)
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6950012,00.html
Sorry don't know how to do the short link.

I'm pretty sure he will still be here as I cant see a club taking a risk in signing him just after he has had an op.  I'd like Carlos to stay as he is good defender and hasn't been given a proper chance this season.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
Is it possible that the reason he hasn't played much is because of the injury that this operation is meant to fix, rather than because of some irrational aversion of the manager to playing him?

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe he was told to hold off on the surgery because that would definitely have ruled him out and thus blown any senior cover for our CBs despite being only half-fit anyway. Had he been fully fit I do believe he would have played more. I also heard he wants to stay, which is great if true. He certainly deserves more game time than Dunne does, and arguably Collins.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:30:03 AM »
When this was announced yesterday the statement said that he had postponed the surgery because of the shortage of fit cb's as both Collins and Dunne had minor injuries too.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
Yeah the injury first came up around xmas/new year during our injury crisis, he valiantly offered to hobble on until the end of the season.  The main factor, I think, in the lack of pitch time he got towards the end of the season.  He has already come out to say he is happy at VP and not looking for a move, which is a relief cause I don't believe we'd recoup much of the £8mill we paid for him!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal