collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir Brian of Littlehampton  (Read 12206 times)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
Re: Sir Brian of Littlehampton
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
Talked mostly about Villa, but so annoying listening to constant ad breaks and Key's voice.
Other highlights:
Saunders fined him every month
Fell out with him after he was told he 'wasn't needed' after he'd found a replacement in Gary Shelton, who scored a hat-trick in a 5-1 win against Arsenal.
He 'thankfully' failed a medical at Birmingham, but liked Jim Smith, who flew him to Portugal and agreed terms in a beach bar!
Gray revealed he fell out with Saunders after he labelled him a disgrace to the club and fans after a disagreement over his many injuries.
Discussed Little scoring at The Nou Camp and Gidman being sent off...Gray was as usual, injured.
The League Cup Final oddesey with Everton

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
cheers Oscar as I was unable due to work to be able to listen but I'm hoping to catch it some how(iplayer type thingy)

I was at the Nou Camp last year and got to look round the away dressing rooms and all I could think about was all the Villa players that had got changed in there before they played Barcelona.

Brian Little walks on water ?  indeed !

UTV
The Doc

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 02:41:59 PM »
Great to hear Sir Brian, but we could've heard an awfull lot more without the unprofessional and constant interuptions of Keys and Gray. Gray in particular got up my nose, he seemed to think his stories were as important as Little's, yet Little was the invited guest.

On the subject of Saunders, both agreed that they fell out with him but while Little aknowledged that, with age and experience and on becoming a manager he could understand why Saunders was the way he was, Gray played the role of bitter and twisted ex-pro and came across with all the maturity of a five year old.

Keys just oozes smarm and arrogance and I can now see why there were so many stories floating about regarding their lack of popularity at Sky, deeply unpleasant is being kind.

Brian also agreed with most Villa fans that whatever happens regarding the managerial position, it needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
I didn't think Gray sounded bitter at all, he said he would be fit for the Barcelona game, Ron said if your not fit now your not coming. Ron then told the press that Gray was a cheat and a liar, that's when gray decided he couldn't play for Ron Saunders anymore.

It depends which side of the coin you believe.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
I didn't think Gray sounded bitter at all, he said he would be fit for the Barcelona game, Ron said if your not fit now your not coming. Ron then told the press that Gray was a cheat and a liar, that's when gray decided he couldn't play for Ron Saunders anymore.

It depends which side of the coin you believe.

I didn't say I didn't believe Gray, he may well be telling the truth. It was the way it came across and the difference between his attitude and Little's regarding their run-ins with Saunders.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
I didn't think that Gray came across that badly when telling his Saunders story. Keys gets on my tits butting in with shitty facts. I wish they would've discussed his time as  manger of Villa,i wondered how far he felt the 95-97 team could've gone.

Offline wookster

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »

Online The Left Side

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
Lovely to hear from BL and his stories about the Villa.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/33071

12.00 - 12.30 about 4mins in

He is on for an hour between 12 and 1, basically talk villa the whole hour pretty much.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
Gray "wrote" some form of autobiography didn't he? I used to have it on audio and he was pretty damning on Ron Saunders. Some interesting stuff if it's true...That Barca story was told on it, exactly as said above...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal