collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Medical test results key to Houllier future, say Villa  (Read 8045 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Medical test results key to Houllier future, say Villa
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
I think he would be more worried at having to sit next to Doug.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
I think he would be more worried at having to sit next to Doug.

Well, for all the wealth of footballing knowledge he's picked up over the years I'm sure he could do with learning how to execute a bicycle kick properly.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
This is the footy world as well not the real world that we all live in. It's not like he's got to worry about paying the mortgage while on ssp is it.

I would say to him that it really isn't worth it, go and retire and enjoy watching footy from the other side of the fence for a while.

From a Villa point of view we have to be a little bit ruthless and if necessary make the decision for him. We're the nice guys of footy as well, so we'll make sure we pay him off and do the right thing. It's one of the many things I like about Randy.

Moyes next please with about £50m and whatever he sells will do please.

Offline scotty_do30

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 04:55:10 PM »
It amazes me that we are in this situation GH is clearly not able to manage a premiership club with the stress that comes with it.

We have to ask questions about the boards mindset when they appointed him and there mindset now, clearly they have not a clue what to do.We need to act now there is a wealth of talent out there who could take Villa back up the table but as per usual we show what a joke we can be sometimes and the blame is at Randys and the CEO door.

Stop treating the fans with contempt we pay hard earned money to go and watch our team and it is thrown back in our faces.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:08:41 PM by scotty_do30 »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 04:57:49 PM »
i would like Houllier to stay on, but no one can gurantee his health, and no matter what happens you will always have it in the back of your mind,
so i think he should quit and enjoy life,

unfortunatley people who have spent their lives in football just cant give it up, its the only thing they know, to turn away from being involved in football is to turn away from life,

and thats the problem , they just cant see life without football thats worth living, its sad but a lot of football peope are very limited, they just cant see anything else

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
i would like Houllier to stay on, but no one can gurantee his health, and no matter what happens you will always have it in the back of your mind,

unfortunatley people who have spent their lives in football just cant give it up, its the only thing they know, to turn away from being involved in football is to turn away from life,

and thats the problem , they just cant see life without football thats worth living, its sad but a lot of football peope are very limited, they just cant see anything else

The problem is that for many people in his position, quitting would mean that he no longer enjoyed life to the same extent as he does now and I don't think this phenomenon is unique to football. If you have a job you love, then why should you be forced to stop doing it in favour of something you don't enjoy doing, just because you hit a randomly selected age limit?

In fact, by this time next year it will be illegal to force anyone to retire just because they are 65.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »

The problem is that for many people in his position, quitting would mean that he no longer enjoyed life to the same extent as he does now and I don't think this phenomenon is unique to football. If you have a job you love, then why should you be forced to stop doing it in favour of something you don't enjoy doing, just because you hit a randomly selected age limit?

In fact, by this time next year it will be illegal to force anyone to retire just because they are 65.

this is the reason someone like Alex Ferguson or Harry Rednap can never give up the game,
with all the pressure and media hype, they would be like Brooks in Shawshank redemption, if they were relieved of football, just couldnt cope in the outside world

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »

Know where you're coming from but this isn't about age per se; it's about health and fitness to do the job.
I think a lot may depend on what is written in his personal contract: if there is a clause about his continuing fitness to do the job, and the doctors cannot 100% confirm that he is fully fit*, there will be a negotiation about discontinuing his role as Team Manager. If there is nothing about his fitness in the contract, it will be a potentially woollly and drawn-out process of negotiation and horse-trading.

*I'd be amazed if the doctors would be willing to give him 100% clearance.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
A decision next week ? So about 11 weeks before the opening league game of the 2011-12 season, as opposed to 5 days for the last.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »
It's not just a case him being fit to come back now or even in a week or so, we have to think longer term, we can't have a manager who could go back into hospital again anytime next season...as somone mentioned, the job is 'quite' stressful'. Also, G Mac wants Ged to stay so he can have a chance to show he can do the Managers job....please no.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Needs to go regardless of his health

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 01:44:15 AM »
Needs to go regardless of his health

Agreed. The health scare is just another reason really. A few months ago I was hoping we'd stay up and he could put his plans into action over the summer. But as a whole the season's been shambolic, and I wouldn't be surprised if, statisically, GH has been worse than KMac and GMac. Anyone checked it out?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal