collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: half arsed club that used to be famous...unquote  (Read 21956 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: half arsed club that used to be famous...unquote
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »
They're in Europe though!

So that's the creme de la nPower Championship representing England, along with that alehouse outfit Stoke and a disinterested Spurs.  Another nail in Europa League's coffin.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:29 PM »
Don't understand the Blackpool hatred, unless it's about one quote in which case I think it makes us look small time and overly sensitive.

I thought they were great to watch and the league will be less exciting without them

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »
Don't understand the Blackpool hatred, unless it's about one quote in which case I think it makes us look small time and overly sensitive.

I thought they were great to watch and the league will be less exciting without them

It's not 'that' quote for me, I just really really dislike Holloway in general. A shame for the fans and all that, but if the manager had behaved less like a tit then I think more people might be a bit more sympathetic.

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »

Didn't want Blackpool to go down, however fu*king hate Holloway, what a total tool

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »

You don't wear sandals and hug trees do you

Offline enigma

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 06:55:17 PM »

Does it hell make us look small time. That saying is becoming massively overused.

If a manager disrespects and takes the piss out of my club then I reserve the right to indulge in a spot of shadenfreude.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
It isn't just that quote, though is it?

Its the times when he ought to keep quiet instead of insulting a historic club, shamefully kissing King Kenny's arse and talking utter bollocks, to the point Fergie Bluelips suggested he shut his mouth.

Good riddance.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
One jackass being replaced by another.  Step forward Neil Warnock.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
He's always been a complete prick, with his poxy sub-Peter Kay comedy "act" going down a storm with arse-licking journos and nobody else whatsoever.

Offline eastie

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
Sad to see Blackpool go- they were a credit to the premier league during their stay.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
Sad to see Blackpool go- they were a credit to the premier league during their stay.

Just out of interest, and not being arsy, but in what way were they 'a credit'? I really don't see it. Scored a bunch of goals, lost a bunch of games, got relegated after one season. Ho hum. Similarly, being a mouthy, self-satisfied gobshite doesn't constitute being 'a breath of fresh air'.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »
I wonder how much money Championship player Charlie Adam will make for Mr Rent A Quote.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
Holloway is a strange little man, he was a nasty sod as a player and he's a tactically naive manager. Thanks for 'brightening' the season for everyone but you can kindly run off back to where you and your silly little club belong. He's moaning about the fact that his players won't take a pay-cut to play in the Championship. Has he spent any time around footballers in the last few years? How is that a surprise to him?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »
I wanted Blackpool to stay up, underdogs and all that. Holloway annoyed me with his comments about us but I can forgive that. Having said that, on a day that I'm enjoying the Noses going down I would quite happily give second chances to Gordon Brown, Steve McLaren, all the bankers and The Yorkshire Ripper.

Offline peckvillajunior

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 07:49:54 PM »
I wish they'd stayed up. Holloway may be an irritant, but it made a change to see a crap team actually attack rather than play for 0-0 draws all the time, the league would be infinetely less dull if more teams played like them. Particularly after the number of teams we've seen down VP who aim to just stifle rather than actually play

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal