collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 4-3-3  (Read 5724 times)

Offline ROBA1

4-3-3
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
With this against Arsenal we had steel, solidity and determination. We had two wide men pushing on to support Bent. each man seemed to know his job. It should be used away from home next season. Delph needs to start regularly for us and lets sort out Reo Coker and make him captain.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
Re: 4-3-3
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »
Am I the only one that does not think we played well against Arsenal? We were on the backfoot for most of the game, they should have had a pen, goal disallowed wrongly. We had 2 good chances and took them, other than that we were not good at all I don't think.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »
Am I the only one that does not think we played well against Arsenal? We were on the backfoot for most of the game, they should have had a pen, goal disallowed wrongly. We had 2 good chances and took them, other than that we were not good at all I don't think.
I agree, we got away with it

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »
I completely disagree.

You defend well, you deserve to win.

We played better than them first half, they played better than us second half. It's that simple.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:55:21 PM »
It wasn't a pen!

Offline Slaphead

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »
Defend well? They had a blatant pen turned away when they were odds on to score, genuine goal disallowed, hit post plus great saves by Friedel in one of his best games of the season. This was the half we outplayed them? We won because we took our only two chances not because somehow we ar brilliant.

Offline ez

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
and i thought there was a push for the disallowed goal.

Offline luke25

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
Chamakh pushed Walker, it was the correct decision to rule it out.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
Defend well? They had a blatant pen turned away when they were odds on to score, genuine goal disallowed, hit post plus great saves by Friedel in one of his best games of the season. This was the half we outplayed them? We won because we took our only two chances not because somehow we ar brilliant.
lmao

How many times this season would we have conceded that 2 goal lead when were spineless and pathetic? We've dropped the most points from leading positions.

We played really well first-half. Outplayed them, kept it at a high-tempo, weren't afraid to attack and I can't even remember one time they looked thretening in our half.

Some fans are never happy. Worst season in 4 years and people still complain after a great victory against Arsenal.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:19:11 PM by The Situation »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »

You answered your own question. He is part of the defence  after all.

Offline Slaphead

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Where did I complain? I just gave my opinion that we were lucky and that I thought it was a pen and the goal should have stood. The villa fans were not singing "can you ref us every week" because he was fair. Everyone has their own opinion so don't say I am complaining when I am not.

It was a great victory but also a lucky one.

Also what is the the internet speak?

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
I can't imagine how depressed you'd be about this season if you felt that the win at Grove Lane was a poor performance.

Offline Slaphead

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
I said I didn't think we played well, a comment many others share. The win was fantastic, I have been chuffed to bits about many many Villa wins when we got lucky and didn't think we deserved it. West Ham away 2 seasons ago I thought we were dreadful but I bet I had the biggest smile in the Villa end.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
Where did I complain? I just gave my opinion that we were lucky and that I thought it was a pen and the goal should have stood. The villa fans were not singing "can you ref us every week" because he was fair. Everyone has their own opinion so don't say I am complaining when I am not.

In a previous post you said that we were on the backfoot for most of the game... my math isn't the best but I do know that half doesn't mean 'most'.

Arsenal were completely irrelevant and insignificant in the first half that's why their fans were disgusted with them and that's why they booed. They didn't nothing in that first half to make us in the slight bit worried. Lots of misplaced passes just being eaten up by Friedel, not one threatening attack from their corners and Van Persie just looking baffled at how pathetic his teamates were playing.

As good as Arsenal are meant to be I can't think of a worse team than them (apart from West Ham) in that first half.

We weren't 'lucky', it was a well deseved win and most Arsenal fans would agree.

And how was their goal wrongly disallowed? Blatant push.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:01:37 PM »

In a previous post you said that we were on the backfoot for most of the game... my math isn't the best but I do know that half doesn't mean 'most'.

Arsenal were completely irrelevant and insignificant in the first half that's why their fans were disgusted with them and that's why they booed. They didn't nothing in that first half to make us in the slight bit worried. Lots of misplaced passes just being eaten up by Friedel, not one threatening attack from their corners and Van Persie just looking baffled at how pathetic his teamates were playing.

As good as Arsenal are meant to be I can't think of a worse team than them (apart from West Ham) in that first half.

We weren't 'lucky', it was a well deseved win and most Arsenal fans would agree.

And how was their goal wrongly disallowed? Blatant push.

Like I said, we played better first half, they played better second half. It's really not that hard to grasp. Ridiculous to think we didn't play well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal