collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve McLaren  (Read 26176 times)

Offline Merv

Re: Steve McLaren
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
No.

He's failed when presented with a big job. He did okay-ish at Boro but loaded the club up with a squad full of ageing 'names' on huge wages and actually left his successor with a lot of problems.

Not the man for us.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
McClaren as manager would be a PR disaster with the fans, which I think the board will understand and steer well clear of.

If Gezza does go I expect them to go for Moyes as 1st choice and Hughes as 2nd.  Don't know if we'll get Moyes, but Hughes will bite Randy's hand off.   

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
That's how I see it John.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
McClaren as manager would be a PR disaster with the fans, which I think the board will understand and steer well clear of.

If Gezza does go I expect them to go for Moyes as 1st choice and Hughes as 2nd.  Don't know if we'll get Moyes, but Hughes will bite Randy's hand off.   

i also agree about McClaren, he would be indeed a PR disaster,

but i just dont get this obsesion with Moyes,
 he's been at a far bigger club than McClaren and done nothing apart from a few decent finishes in the league, much the same as us over the last 10 years,
yet we would welcome him with open arms,

i dont want McClaren but would take him over the dullard that is Moyes, his record doesnt say much and on the face of it McClaren has been  far more successfull with smaller clubs.

i'm also not against going for someone who hasnt won anything as long as they are young and hungry and play good football,
sometimes you gota take a calculated risk,

Moyes is no risk you know exactly what you going to get , more of the same, winning nothing with a few decent league placings, surley we want a bit more hope than that

Offline Damo70

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
If the rumours are right about Ancelotti wanting to stay in England - two years here, won the double, worst season second. Also, he seemed to have the backing of a very strong dressing room that couldn't seem to be managed by Grant or Scholari.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
Ancelloti would be a fantastic statement of intent but I think he'll go back to Italy.

Moyes would do me, he's still finished 5 twice with Everton recently which we haven't done since 1997 and 4th a while back on a considerable lower budget than ourselves or a lot of other clubs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal