collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Sponsors announced: Intuit QuickBooks  (Read 76072 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: New Sponsors??
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
So by that theory, if we had Mourinho as manager we'd have a sponsor like Ferrari, but if we appointed Curbishley we'd have MG again?

No, but if we had Curbishley we definitely wouldn't have Ferrari.  Stop looking at it so black and white.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
I'm not looking at it black and white - you are saying that who the manager is has some bearing on who we get as a sponsor - I am saying that it doesn't.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
If we won the treble managed by Curbishley we would have a much better sponsor than if we had been relegated with Mourinho.

Anyway, it is all academic as I'm sure the General has hinted at the fact a sponsor is already well sorted out.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
I'm not looking at it black and white - you are saying that who the manager is has some bearing on who we get as a sponsor - I am saying that it doesn't.

But you're trying to rationalise it by saying 'give me an example of when the manager has made the difference between this or that'.

What I'm saying is that the manager is one of the key considerations a sponsor has when deciding whether to throw millions of pounds at a football club and that us not knowing who ours will be in August will be making it very difficult for us to sign one up for the right amount of money.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
Surely the answer to the above couple of posts is yes it does and no it doesnt. Brands that sponsor teams are brands that want to be associated with that particular football team due to what it stands for and how successful the team is. Obviously with that means more air time and more chances to see your logo on tv. So if the manager has a certain way of wanting to run a football club that doesn't sit well with the sponsors they won't want to sponsor that club so willingly. But it's normally the club as a whole. At the same time if we had ferrari as our sponsor and Alan curbishley then became our manager, it might make ferrari a little nervous but if curbishley was to make us top 3 and a champions league team I don't think they be too upset.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

But you're trying to rationalise it by saying 'give me an example of when the manager has made the difference between this or that'.

What I'm saying is that the manager is one of the key considerations a sponsor has when deciding whether to throw millions of pounds at a football club and that us not knowing who ours will be in August will be making it very difficult for us to sign one up for the right amount of money.

And I'm saying that if who the manager is is one of the key considerations of who the sponsor is to give me an example.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »
Don't forget Triton was such an apt sponsor for years.  Perhaps Acrons was an insight into the size of MONs bollocks.

A company who produce shit showers sponsored a shower of shit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
I don't think who a manager is has a direct impact on how much money a potential sponsor would be willing to give us.

However, in the highly unlikely event we appoint Mourinho tomorrow, there would be a buzz about the place, and any company would realise we meant business. We'd be more attractive to a potential sponsor as a result.

I don't think they'd particularly care except in such an extreme, and unlikely, circumstance.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »

And I'm saying that if who the manager is is one of the key considerations of who the sponsor is to give me an example.

And I'm saying you're not going to get one because no organisation is going to state that in public in case the manager changes.

Everyone else seems to be getting this.  I'm not sure how else to try to explain it.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 03:42:57 AM »
Not sure I want to bring this debate up again but Swindon have just lost a sponsor because they disagree with the appointment of Di Canio (and his fascist associations).  Fair play to GMB, although the free advertising they will have received from pulling out of the sponsorship is probably worth way more than the odd billboard at Swindon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389305/Sponsors-cut-ties-Swindon-Paolo-di-Canios-fascist-views.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 03:50:12 AM »
Any idea of our new sponsor yet?

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »
I imagine this is part of the reason they kept Fulham ahead of us:

The size of that sponsor.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
that could be seen from space!

awful... although they have dropped the pointless tagline...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »
Blues have annouced 3 new major shirt sponsors for next season - an Oil company, a Fashion outlet and a international delivery company.

thier shirts will read TOTAL FCUK UPS

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »

AVFCOfficial [/size]Aston Villa FC[/size] [/font]

We will be announcing our new principal partner at 10.45pm this evening. Stay tuned to AVFC.co.uk. #avfc

From Twitter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal