collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villafirst
[Today at 09:14:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:14:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:13:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:13:37 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by passport1
[Today at 09:12:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 09:11:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:10:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Mister E
[Today at 09:10:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ancellotti eyeing off Aston Villa job. Could this be the manager we need ?  (Read 38076 times)

Offline monkeyboy

"I am in no hurry to coach and I don't need to" he's quoted as saying.

Well after his Chelsea experience and with all that money, you can't blame him. Unlike McLaren etc he's of the stature he doesn't have to tart himself around, he can wait until he's approached. Opportunity will come knocking eventually.

Here is the piece from Sportinglife.com

"Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed he will take a one-year sabbatical from coaching after being dismissed by Chelsea last month.

The Italian tactician had one year left on his contract with the Blues but was sacked on the final day of the campaign after two seasons in charge.

Ancelotti has been linked with the coaching position of newly-promoted QPR, who are managed by Neil Warnock, as well as the vacancies at Fulham and Aston Villa. He has also been a reported target of Serie A club Roma, for whom he enjoyed great success as a player.

"I am in no hurry to coach and I don't need to," Ancelotti told Italian newspaper La Stampa.

"I have not been contacted by any club in England and I have not spoken to Roma. It is all fantasy.

"I have enjoyed this experience (of coaching in England). I will return to London to organise my life.

"Besides a six-month break, I have been coaching non-stop since 1995. I will take a year off and look around, study how my colleagues work."

Ancelotti enjoyed a successful playing career at Roma between 1979 and 1987 and has never hidden his wish to guide the capital city club in the future.

"I have always said and I reiterate it that one day I will coach Roma, but it's still early," he said.

Ancelotti led Chelsea to the Premier League and FA Cup double in his first season in charge but finished trophyless at the end of the 2010-11 campaign."

Please let Schteve come out with a similar message - fear we will all be speaking Dutch by Christmas - God help us, but i really hope i'm wrong, all of a sudden Hughes doesn't seem to bad.

Think this will be the end for Downing  - really hate being negative on this site, it really sucks!!!!

Please RL turn on the light at the end of the tunnel

Offline Clark W Griswold

oh, pissch flaps

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
He says that, but if we approached him, i'm sure he'd be tempted.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Bastard

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
We should approach him as soon as possible, I wouldn't let his comments put me off.

How many Managers down the years have said they wouldn't want the England job?

When they're offered it, they're in like Flynn.

If we want to progress we need to sit down with him and convince him we're going to do our upmost to compete at the highest level.
OR
We can tread water mid table by appointing Hughes or McLaren.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:49:16 PM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
It is not that hard to read between the lines of that Ancelotti interview.

He only wants to manage a team that are already playing Champions League football, and since there isn't a vacancy at any of the three clubs who would at this point in time meet that criteria and haven't recently sacked him, he's going to make himself unavailable until such a vacancy arrives.

It was a nice dream that he'd pitch up at Villa Park, but since he doesn't consider us up to his level of coaching expertise, f*ck him.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
It is not that hard to read between the lines of that Ancelotti interview.

He only wants to manage a team that are already playing Champions League football, and since there isn't a vacancy at any of the three clubs who would at this point in time meet that criteria and haven't recently sacked him, he's going to make himself unavailable until such a vacancy arrives.

It was a nice dream that he'd pitch up at Villa Park, but since he doesn't consider us up to his level of coaching expertise, f*ck him.

Yes fuck him, the scruffy juumper with a suit bastard.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
He needs to get his eyebrows sorted out as well.  Fat, permamently surprised looking Eye tie Git.

Offline Outcast2006

It was always going to be an ambitious move to get him as our manager.

Too rich for our blood I think

Next

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

We cannot condem him if has not even been approached. I seen an article somewhere that in 2009 a month before he was appointed for the Chelsea job that he was quoted saying that he was "not interested" I still hope when Randy arrives back in England that contact will be made and we can take it from there ........

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Wasn't there a clause with Chelski that he could not go to a prem side within twelve months.

Unlikely because he was sacked. So it would be illegal.
Not if they'd paid up his contract in full it wouldn't.

Which is what they will have done.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
We should approach him as soon as possible, I wouldn't let his comments put me off.

How many Managers down the years have said they wouldn't want the England job?

When they're offered it, they're in like Flynn.

If we want to progress we need to sit down with him and convince him we're going to do our upmost to compete at the highest level.
OR
We can tread water mid table by appointing Hughes or (Blankety Blank) McLaren.

"Is it "Sink like a fucking stone under" Terry?"

Offline Mazrim

Wasn't there a clause with Chelski that he could not go to a prem side within twelve months.

Unlikely because he was sacked. So it would be illegal.
Not if they'd paid up his contract in full it wouldn't.

Which is what they will have done.

That would have happened anyway. So why would he accept any further conditions?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Ya know what i am still not writing off Ancellotti. Until i hear Aston Villa have approached him and he has said no i still feel that Lerner might still pull something out the bag .........

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal