collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Best away support?  (Read 15487 times)

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Best away support?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
Rapid Vienna

They were loud but it all felt a bit staged IMO.

How did you come to that conclusion?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

If not, then it might have had something to do with the banner they brought with them, singing the same songs as the previous year and the fact they resembled a pride march in their attempt to look all 'keeerrrraaazzzy'.

And at the game in Vienna, the scummers abused one of their own, while injured on a stretcher.

So for me, they're a bunch of ******.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »
They also had two of their supporters arrested and locked up overnight for assaulting stewards.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
They also had two of their supporters arrested and locked up overnight for assaulting stewards.

Obviously nobody can condone that but when it comes to noise and color they were fantastic imo.

Stu I'm not being sarcastic. Their banner was funny and when it comes to sing the same songs at least they bloody sang! I don't our song list actually differs very much year by year.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
Those Austrians are right characters.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
Wasn't there a similar discussion a while back and someone posted a link to a Youtube video of a Lech Poznan under 13's game or something where there was a packed out stand singing andjumping up and down constantly throughout the match, lighting flares and the like?

Offline IronVilla

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »
Wasn't there a similar discussion a while back and someone posted a link to a Youtube video of a Lech Poznan under 13's game or something where there was a packed out stand singing andjumping up and down constantly throughout the match, lighting flares and the like?

Yeah, they were playing Spurs. Quite amazing.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
Rapid were the best i've ever seen at VP, only about 1200 of them but made more noise than 3000 English away fans ever have at our ground.

In this country Man Utd are the best in the Premier League imo. Because of their support they obviously sell out every away game and their songbook is very extended. Saying that though i've always said it's easy to support a team that wins nearly every game and almost never loses, i've noticed when they've drew at VP the last couple of years they haven't been nearly as good as when they used to win here every year, also on tv if they aren't winning they don't sing much. Just goes to show if they were crap they may not be so vocal.

If it was based on numbers i wouldn't have us anywhere near the top 5, for a club our size and where we are in the country we should sell out every away game but this season only 1400 to Liverpool, 2000 to Stoke, 1400 to Man Utd, 1700 to Spurs etc, poor numbers really. However i'd take our support over the likes of Arsenal and Everton who sell out every game any day of the week, Everton bring 3000 here every year and then all sit there in silence. Imo i'd put us just behind Man Utd if it was based vocal-wise.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »

Obviously nobody can condone that but when it comes to noise and color they were fantastic imo.

Stu I'm not being sarcastic. Their banner was funny and when it comes to sing the same songs at least they bloody sang! I don't our song list actually differs very much year by year.

The fact that the two who were arrested then had their flights home paid by the club would indicate a greater level of, er, co-operation than we get.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
The Arsenal fan at work said Villa were the best away fans he'd seen that season. Which was nice.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »

The fact that the two who were arrested then had their flights home paid by the club would indicate a greater level of, er, co-operation than we get.

Well a lot of mainland European clubs have Ultras groups these are part and parcel of the club, I know for a fact that Ultras Rapid have a lot of say at Rapid Vienna so the arrested boys get the tickets home paid for is no surprise at all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:54:57 PM by MonsXI »

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Stoke have done well. And i like "Delilah"

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »
They were only getting 14,000 in the Championship which is why it makes me laugh when the media make them out to be the world's most loyal and greatest fans.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
They were only getting 14,000 in the Championship which is why it makes me laugh when the media make them out to be the world's most loyal and greatest fans.
That, and they brought little more than a thousand to Villa park on a sunny Saturday at 3pm. Not too far to come.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal