collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:35:30 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delph - Are we ready for the future?  (Read 16900 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Delph - Are we ready for the future?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
Parker would be the ideal man to look after Delph, Bannan and Makoun as they find their feet. Sadly, like
Kevin, I think he'll be looking elsewhere at this stage of hs career. He might be just what we need, I don't think he'll see us as just what he needs.

The question therefore is, if not him then who?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Gattuso?
Doesn't know the premier league but speaks english/scottish.  He's lost what little pace he had but could be entertaining...

Ah fuck it, in dream land I'd like Milner. 
Not a sitting defensive midfielder but the three of Milner, Delph and Makoun would have sufficient energy to get back and form a formidable defensive shield.

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
The only concern I would have with a midfield three of NRC, Makoun and Delph is there would be a fair few red cards between them.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Milner, Delph, Reo Coker, Makoun, Bannan and Hogg as options next season for the 3 man midfield we saw yesterday. I think we would be very strong and creative in that area.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »
I was always non plussed at the expectations of Delph but a few passes he has played in his fleeting appearances this season suggest to me that there is a player in there who should be starting in a midfield three for us next year.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »
Parker would be the ideal man to look after Delph, Bannan and Makoun as they find their feet. Sadly, like
Kevin, I think he'll be looking elsewhere at this stage of hs career. He might be just what we need, I don't think he'll see us as just what he needs.

Out of the so called big teams,I can only see Spurs going for him,but they have that Brazilian guy who's been good this season,so we may have a chance,though the Dildo brothers at West Ham will want silly money for him.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »

With our finish this season (mid table at absolute best) we'll have our hands tied to a certain extent as to who we can go for.

It will either be more up and coming young players (similar to the Fofana deal) or somewhat unfancied players.  Someone mentioned Diame earlier and he's always one that's impressed me whenever I've seen him. He hasn't started every game for a side as poor as Wigan though, so you have to wonder about that.

Still, if we've having a mass exodus this summer, Diame for a reasonable fee wouldn't be the worst bit of business we could do.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »
The thing with Parker of course is that there comes to a point, price wise, where it just isnt worth it. So if the price is reasonable he'd be great. Because there's zero resale value and he's in his prime rather than approaching it. He has three possibly four years left and maybe two of them will be winding down a bit.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
Has bags of potential, he needs a run in the team and to work out his best position.
Bags of energy, quick, 2 decent feet a real prospect but a long way from the complete article.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »
The thing with Parker of course is that there comes to a point, price wise, where it just isnt worth it. So if the price is reasonable he'd be great. Because there's zero resale value and he's in his prime rather than approaching it. He has three possibly four years left and maybe two of them will be winding down a bit.

I'd put that number at about 6m to be honest.  He'd be a perfect transitional player from Parker to Delph/Gardner and hopefully a fofana/sisoko types.  But I think west ham will want a lot more than that and Parker's wages will be huge too.

Online john2710

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 10:53:20 PM »
So apart from injuries, most he brings on himself, his penchant for yellow and red cards, his lack of experience, he should be first pick.

Meanwhile, back in the real world he'll be back at Leeds next year playing in the level hes good at. You watch

Friend of mine is a Leeds fan who rated him as top quality but a little raw. I think but for the 12 months he's lost he'd be a regular now. This has delayed his development a little.

For me he has every attribute to be a top premier player, he glides across the pitch, great vision, first touch and movement. Good players make the game look easy. The fact we've given him a new contract means we see him being part of the picture next season. Pre-season is an opportunity for him to shine.

On the downside he's clumsy when he tackles and has a tendency to over play it in his own half.

I'd expect to see him as challenging Makoun to play next season. 

Offline 1780liam

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:38 AM »
so much potential, he deserves a extended run in the first team IMO!

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 01:52:56 AM »
I agree, lets give him an extended run next year.  It's likely Petrov or NRC will still be about so they are a pretty decent insurance policy.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:23 AM »
Palacios has gone off the boil at Spurs over the last year or so but we could get him for a reasonable fee Id say in the summer. Still think Reo Coker would do that job for us but if he leaves, Palacios is worth considering I reckon.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011, 08:58:16 AM »
Nah, I thought he was massively overrated when they signed him and I still think that. Offers nothing NRC doesn't and more convincingly in my opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal