collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 'Noses Going Down?  (Read 42627 times)

Offline Mazrim

Re: 'Noses Going Down?
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:07 AM »
Maz,

Hope you're gonna be ok mate?

Triumph through adversity old boy.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »
The ideal scenario would be for Spurs to get a couple of early goals.  Then the crowd will start buzzing, the news trickles down to the Liverpool players who lose heart and get tonked by Villa!  A perfect day!

Do you honestly think that the thought of losing out on 2nd tier European football will have that much of an adverse effect on Liverpool? 

I think it has more chance of spurring them on knowing that even if they win the game the wont have to worry about shortening their holiday.  UEFA cup qualification is a nuisance to clubs with aspirations of a top 4 finish.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
Please spare a thought for me.
I'll be sitting in a bar in Kos watching the drama unfold before gong back out to the beach.

How can you go on holiday and miss a Villa match?
Ur not a reel fan etc. etc.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
I was fuming when Wolves and Blackpool won on Saturday, but delighted about it by 6pm on Sunday.

It's a funny old game and it will be fuckin' hilarious if things go the right way next weekend.

incredible isn't it?! i was watching the blackburn united game but keeping a close eye on live text and yahoo for updates from blackpool and sunderland. absolutely gutted by half two and felt we were in with a real shout of going down again.

went to arsenal praying that west ham would take something at the dw to keep us up and all was rosy come half time. incredible turnaround after the break though with wigan winning and obviously sha losing meaning that, due to our result, we were safe, and due to the other results, blues are now very likely to go down.

i hope that makes sense! it was all very complicated and amazing how you can go from wanting one result to go a certain way to wanting it to go another in the space of ninety minutes just so that it dumps your neighbours right in the brown stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal