collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 'Noses Going Down?  (Read 42403 times)

Offline Rawly

• Cascarino in the air
Re: 'Noses Going Down?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »
Twat shrek

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
Twat shrek

I'm not a mod or anything, but less of that please.

We're all friends here.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Twat shrek

Less of that, please.

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
Am I right in thinking that if Wigan don't take maximum points and don't better us by 10 goals over the last two games then we are safe ??? West Ham can't catch us. As Wolves are playing Blackburn next week, whatever the result, one of them can't catch us so we could be safe tomorrow. Of course it would all be academic if we nicked a point at Arsenal but I can't really see that happening.

Offline Rawly

• Cascarino in the air
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
Spot on clarrie

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
I think Blues will stay up on goal difference. Fingers crossed Spurs have a good day next week

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
Cheers mate. That has made me feel a little more confident as it was a bad day for all the non-playing strugglers. Only Blackburn didn't win but they managed to get an unexpected point really.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »
Cant believe people have started this thread.

think we should be more interested if we are going down, not the Blues

We are 3 points from Blackpool, who have Man U next week. That is Man U who have already won the league and will have the Champions League final 7 days later.

They put half a reserve side out today knowing they needed a result, never mind next week - Blackpool can win that game easily.

Bluea have Fulham at home tomorrow - easily winnable game - thus level on points with  us

Our saving grace is Blackburn have Wolves so I very much doubt we will go down.

But it is quite probable we will lose our last two games by a combination of around 10 goals (which in itself sums up how pathetic we are doesn't it) so before we start laughing at the Blues , lets just see how Wigan get on tomorrow shall we.

And that is how bad it is - we have to hope Wigan don't win on May 15th to make sure we stay up !

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
What a stupid thread we could end avoiding relegation on goal difference and we bothered about the in breds

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
Cant believe people have started this thread.

think we should be more interested if we are going down, not the Blues

We are 3 points from Blackpool, who have Man U next week. That is Man U who have already won the league and will have the Champions League final 7 days later.

They put half a reserve side out today knowing they needed a result, never mind next week - Blackpool can win that game easily.

Bluea have Fulham at home tomorrow - easily winnable game - thus level on points with  us

Our saving grace is Blackburn have Wolves so I very much doubt we will go down.

But it is quite probable we will lose our last two games by a combination of around 10 goals (which in itself sums up how pathetic we are doesn't it) so before we start laughing at the Blues , lets just see how Wigan get on tomorrow shall we.

And that is how bad it is - we have to hope Wigan don't win on May 15th to make sure we stay up !

As ClarrieBlue said, if Wigan don't take maximum points and don't better us by 10 goals over the last two games then we are safe.

We're not going down.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
If not beyond possibility we could get stuffed in next two games, scousers are on fire and put five past fulham and arsenal we never know what could happen

We are capable this season of getting hammered by most teams

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
We are in for another week of hell if we get tonked and Wigan win. Both eminently possible. Bookies are not taking bets on us still but I have an awful feeling the last day will not be a nice afternoon in the sun at VP.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »
Why are "some" people suddenly so sure that Blackpool are nailed on to win at Old Trafford?

Old whiskey nose has already come out and said they are well aware of how important the game is for other sides. Won't be full strength but will still be decent.

Oh and not forgetting thier home record this season...played 18, won 17, drawn 1.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
Even if we CAN go down, this thread was supposed to be about Blues going down - I wanted a change from the negative mentality that we've had all season is all.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »
Why are "some" people suddenly so sure that Blackpool are nailed on to win at Old Trafford?

Old whiskey nose has already come out and said they are well aware of how important the game is for other sides. Won't be full strength but will still be decent.

Oh and not forgetting thier home record this season...played 18, won 17, drawn 1.

I can see Blackpool getting a point at OT.
The league is won, and there is the small matter of the CL final the following week.
Gollum will have his teams massively fired up, and fighting for everything.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal