collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - FA cup final  (Read 30110 times)

Offline Sam Smith

Re: 0% Villa - FA cup final
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
I despise the football stoke play. Aside from the much criticized long throw which has contributed at least 18 goals in three years they play brutal pub football. People Like pullis and mcleish say its a results business but for the money those of us that go home and away pay it should be an entertainment business.
As for hating citeh is it not a bit hypocritical of us with the money we have spent in recent years. At least they generally try and pass it properly.

We can't surely inflict two pub teams on the Europa league next season it would just confirm stereotypes regarding our football.

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »

The preparations for the CL final are not that involved and I believe the motivation is to increase the importance of the CL over the FA Cup, hence the previous move to Saturday.

I thought it was to do with the pitch not being played on for 2 weeks before the game not necessarily the preparations of the stadium.  UEFA are claiming they want the pitch in the best possible condition for the CL Final

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:56 AM »
i really couldnt care two shits who wins this...

if stoke win it, its a victory for thuggish hoofball and their cretin fans will be even more unbearable...

if man city win it, then its a victory for some randomer coming in and splashing half a billion, playing boring awful football, and their fans will become unbearable...

it will be a shit game from two shit footballing sides and two shit clubs...

i hope they both lose...

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

The preparations for the CL final are not that involved and I believe the motivation is to increase the importance of the CL over the FA Cup, hence the previous move to Saturday.

I thought it was to do with the pitch not being played on for 2 weeks before the game not necessarily the preparations of the stadium.  UEFA are claiming they want the pitch in the best possible condition for the CL Final

Well of course, thats the official line, forgive me for maybe being a bit cynical but having followed football prior to the formation fo the CL and our own Premier League I can't help it.

Offline cdward

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
Man City? Eventually they'll win things, so might as well get used to it.

::)

I couldn't really care.

Was that Houlliers team talk when we played citeh in the cup?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
I despise the football stoke play. Aside from the much criticized long throw which has contributed at least 18 goals in three years they play brutal pub football. People Like pullis and mcleish say its a results business but for the money those of us that go home and away pay it should be an entertainment business.
As for hating citeh is it not a bit hypocritical of us with the money we have spent in recent years. At least they generally try and pass it properly.

We can't surely inflict two pub teams on the Europa league next season it would just confirm stereotypes regarding our football.

I could live with Villa playing the Stoke way if it got us success. I am burning with jealousy,  as I am at this stage every season. It's time we built a team with a bit of mean and nasty thrown in.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:54:58 AM by Pete3206 »

Offline Nev

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »

The FA Cup final is still the most watched football match throughout the world

Is that really true? Sorry I can't believe that more people watch the English FA cup final than the Champions League Cup final.

Fuck knows, i'm guessing as usual but it certainly used to be the case and it is still held in reverence by an awful lot of fans around the world. Which is what UEFA don't like.

Offline cdward

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 09:56:44 AM »

Is that really true? Sorry I can't believe that more people watch the English FA cup final than the Champions League Cup final.
the World Cup final?

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »
I have heard that the final will KO off at 5:15 from next season and will once again clash with league fixtures.

On the Beeb gossip column today The Mirror (I know) are saying the FA Cup final will be brought forward again next year to allow 4 clear weeks before the start of Euro 2012 - I guess so that any international players have potentially an extra week between the end of the season and the start of the Euro's. So that will be this year for Chumps league requirements, but worryingly next season for international tournament preparations. Once that precedent is set it will be the same 2 years later for the World Cup and then the FA will no doubt say 'seeing as it's every other season for international tournament preparations we may as well move it permanently'. Another bit of football's 'magic' permanently erased.

As for this year I can't think of two teams I dislike more (except Bloose obviously) - anti-football team vs mercenary-buy-silverware team, both with obnoxious fans. I'm gradually siding with Stoke purely to see Barry and Milner getting moved on as Citeh hoover up all the mid-fielders across the world before finally, inevitably winning something.

Offline Nev

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »

the World Cup final?

Domestic final.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »

Stoke are in Europe regardless.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
I couldn't care less who wins but if i was to back a team to win i would wan't Stoke because they are the underdogs i can't see it being a classic match myself.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
It would be interesting to check out if every champions league final venue in recent years has been left unused for two weeks prior to the final. Also, even allowing for the fact they wanted the FA cup final two weeks before, surely when they did the fixture list they could have thrown in two more midweek fixtures so the league ended last week and the cup final was in it's right place. The football league fitted in 46 games in a week less than the premier league scheduled 38.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
If we played like Stoke I and many others would stop going to VP. Regardless of getting to the final they represent everything that is wrong with the technical side of our game from the grass roots upwards. If they had a slope they would kick downhill in the 2nd half!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
Has to be Man City.

Fuck Stoke and their vile, vile football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal