collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Behind Enemy Lines  (Read 5275 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Behind Enemy Lines
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
Which I think we won 1-0 by the way. Tony Daley?

It was Tony Daley and he scored with a header, I remember as that was the day blues lost 6-4 to Swindon after being 4-1 up with 20 mins to go and I know this as I was there, don't ask why but I lost a bet.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 12:18:12 AM »
Used to do it loads at the old Highbury to see us, sitting in the main stand. Got attacked the year they had those murals up at the Clock End to do the refurbishment, but some rather sporting Arsenal fans shopped my attacker to the police and he was hauled away. The fans were all very apologetic to me, perhaps explains why I don't really mind Arsenal
As I recall, the mural was at the north end, which was being rebuilt, the home fans were at the clock end and along the sides, and we were in a corner of the west stand. For those that didn't see it at the time, Arsenal painted a huge mural of thousands of fans in front of the end that was being rebuilt so that the stadium would appear full. Unfortunately, they forgot to include any black faces, which caused some controversy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:20:29 AM by frank »

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »
Thanks Left Side and Frank

Frank - I am pretty sure they had the mural down the Clock End as well whilst that was being rebuilt, not sure it was at the same time as the one at the other end? I can definitely recall being in the main stand and the mural being away to my left which would have been the Clock End. They housed the Villa fans opposite in the lower tier nearest the Clock End

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »
I'm sure you're right, Richard! I was with the away fans and was sitting where you describe. The important thing is that we won, which I doubt we'll do on Sunday. I don't remember many wins at Highbury/Emirates and I've seen almost all our games there in the 40 years I've been living in the south-east.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
We had some good days at Highbury, apart from the obvious. My first visit was '88 when McInally got a couple in a 3-2 win. Then there was the late Chris Price goal in 1990 and Tony Daley's winner on a bank holiday Monday in '93, made even better by getting on the coach and finding Blues had turned a 4-1 into a 4-6! Never been in the away end down there but me and my mate were coming away from the '88 game on the tube the only two people on there not wearing Arsenal scarves.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
I've been in the Arsenal end for the last three years for this game and doing it on sunday again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal