collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Behind Enemy Lines  (Read 5268 times)

Offline Eastleighvilla

Behind Enemy Lines
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »
I'm dreading Sunday's match, I haven't missed this fixture for 13 years, and unfortunately now I no longer possess a season ticket, means I have to beg borrow or steal one from somewhere, my Cousin is a season ticket holder and allows me access to her away tickets, But when I heard of our meagre allocation, couple with the stiplulations in place(attended 5 away games or more) I reluctantly accepted the chance to attend by getting a ticket from my Arsenal mate, In their end, I don't think I'll be celebrating! and I'm going to the match via train with around 15 Arsenal Lads, I must be a glutton for punishment! My ticket is in the middle tier to the left of our away support, I'm on my own, I hope I can contain myself, I saw us win 2-1 in 1993, Whittingham and Saunders, 2000, and 2001, both losses and the last one at highbury (that 5-0 Drubbing under O'Dreary)(All in their section) It was awful.Surely i can't be the only person doing this on Sunday

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Behind Enemy Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
I think one or two were in the Arsenal end thirty years ago.

Offline McCanns Patch

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
Whittingham and Townsend's last shin of the game you mean?

Offline McCanns Patch

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
I'm dreading Sunday's match, I haven't missed this fixture for 13 years, and unfortunately now I no longer possess a season ticket, means I have to beg borrow or steal one from somewhere, my Cousin is a season ticket holder and allows me access to her away tickets, But when I heard of our meagre allocation, couple with the stiplulations in place(attended 5 away games or more) I reluctantly accepted the chance to attend by getting a ticket from my Arsenal mate, In their end, I don't think I'll be celebrating! and I'm going to the match via train with around 15 Arsenal Lads, I must be a glutton for punishment! My ticket is in the middle tier to the left of our away support, I'm on my own, I hope I can contain myself, I saw us win 2-1 in 1993, Whittingham and Saunders, 2000, and 2001, both losses and the last one at highbury (that 5-0 Drubbing under O'Dreary)(All in their section) It was awful.Surely i can't be the only person doing this on Sunday

Whittingham and Townsend's last shin of the game you mean?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
Andy Townsend got the winner in 1993.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Done it before with Blues.

You almost hope we lose, as it's more painful not being able to celebrate.

Offline McCanns Patch

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Andy Townsend got the winner in 1993.

Yes, I know, I was correcting the post which said Whittingham and Saunders, they did not score in the same match at Highbury, Saunders never scored at Highbury for Villa

Offline carl9368

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »

sent you a pm

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
Done it before with Blues.

Did it at Wolves when we won 1-0 in '81 (?) - the couple of Villa who did celebrate were battered!

Offline Eastleighvilla

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Sorry Guy's Yes It was Townsend, Deano set it up, was in The North Bank, we mugged em

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »
Yep two goals in the last three minutes.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »
JD's last match before he fooked off to New Zealand? Or maybe Roger...some far-flung H&Ver anyway.
I really shouldn't remember that.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »
Used to do it loads at the old Highbury to see us, sitting in the main stand. Got attacked the year they had those murals up at the Clock End to do the refurbishment, but some rather sporting Arsenal fans shopped my attacker to the police and he was hauled away. The fans were all very apologetic to me, perhaps explains why I don't really mind Arsenal

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »
I was in the new north bank stand for that 93 win with an arsenal supporting mate. Couldn't help myself when the 2nd goal was scored, I went up and as I did so, about 7 or 8 blokes in my row did the same! I thought I was on my own in there. Got some filthy stares, but no hassle thankfully.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »
Which I think we won 1-0 by the way. Tony Daley?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal