collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to get a move on Randy!  (Read 7080 times)

Offline mortimers beard

Time to get a move on Randy!
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
With all the 'reports' in the papers lately about the short list of managers Randy and the board have, and about Young, Downing and Reo-Coker leaving I think its vitally important that the club decide who is going to build our future, and quickly. The first thing the new gaffer is going to have to do is decide who he wants to stay and convince them before its too late. To be honest the only one i personally think who we need to keep is Downing, Ashley can go and fall over and berate match officials somewhere else and Reo-Coker obviously wants to play in the Champions League with one of the many top European clubs whoe are after him! (how deluded is this bloke). We are Aston Villa and despite what small heath, sandwell fc and the media muppets in london think we are a BIG club, we have the infrastructure, passion, support and history to do great things but we must do it properley and not jepordise our future, which means planning for the future and that means being patient and taking our time to do it right. We have an excellent youth setup and I belive that is where our future success will come from, its in our DNA and history to use the kids. Lets get behind the the board, the new gaffer (whoever he may be) and most importantly the players, they are playing for OUR team, OUR club and we must support them 100%.

Offline eastie

Re: Time to get a move on Randy!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
Randy was patient and took his time last summer and look how it's turned out- he surely must know who he wants and should go out and get his man- doug had his faults but he would not hesitate to nick another clubs boss if it benefited villa in his eyes.

Football is at times a ruthless business and randy needs to go out and get whoever he wants whether they are at another club or not.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »
Lerner will have short-listed a few ideal candidates by now, and as the season finishes, he will chat to Gerard Houllier, who will then step down as manager, and Lerner will hopefully decide to press on and acquire his priority choice. This will have taken place within the first week or two after the season ends, and the new manager - who is accomplished, respected, an well receive by the villa fans will begin his new regime by sorting out the squad and staff, and will be given an ambitious amount of money to spend on new faces, after getting Young, Downing and co. to stay.

If wishes were fishes...

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
I believe some of the season ticket renewals need to be done before such a time that players come in/out and managers are sorted. It could be a very interesting Summer

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
I think if GH stays (which he still may do) i think this could possibly be the most talked about and presumed, non-starter since Sven's phone call off the Fake Sheik! I dearly hope Randy and PF have made contingencies as well but its not set in stone yet that GH will retire...

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:22:13 PM »
I think if GH stays (which he still may do) i think this could possibly be the most talked about and presumed, non-starter since Sven's phone call off the Fake Sheik! I dearly hope Randy and PF have made contingencies as well but its not set in stone yet that GH will retire...

If that is the case then we fans need to get fully behind him as the malaise around the club is just as much with the fans as it is with the players and management.  We all need to bring some much needed optimism and fun back to the club, some unity.

But ultimately you're right, soon after the season is complete a very firm statement about what is going to happen needs to made.  Exciting times.

Offline JackH

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
Hi all. Jack Herd here. I'm Chris's cousin from Perth.
Disappointed to see his little run cut short but we're all dead proud of him and thought he played well when given the chance. Reading thru here, I'm sure there'll be some voices that disagree with me.

We hear the little tid-bit on the odd occasion when Chris calls home and although I'm not to say much, I can say that there will be big changes at Villa for next season. I'll say nothing else for now.

Give my cuz a big cheer if he makes an appearance again for me, lads!

Cheers.

Jack.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »
Disappointed to see his little run cut short but we're all dead proud of him and thought he played well when given the chance. Reading thru here, I'm sure there'll be some voices that disagree with me.

We hear the little tid-bit on the odd occasion when Chris calls home and although I'm not to say much, I can say that there will be big changes at Villa for next season. I'll say nothing else for now.

Cheers.

Jack.

Welcome Jack.  We all certainly hope Chris is a big success at the Villa.  With comments like that, get ready from the barrage of messages from the British media for you to "expand" on your statement that changes are planned !!

Offline a5tonv111a@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:20:09 AM »
eastie....spot on.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
we have the infrastructure, passion, support and history to do great things but we must do it properley and not jepordise our future, which means planning for the future and that means being patient and taking our time to do it right.

Is this not the opposite of 'Time to get a move on Randy'?

I want a new man, presuming we get one, in place ASAP aswell, but that should not be to the sacrifice of getting the RIGHT man.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »

Cheers.

Jack.

I think your cuz did really well under difficult circumstances.

Offline JackH

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
Lovely of you to say Percy. Thank you.
Bit concerned about the media comment though. Maybe I should shut my gob.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 11:35:29 AM »
Pah! The press don't read internet forums....do they???? ahem.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »

No worries mate. From what I recall, many on here agree with me.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
You can remove that line with the modify button if your worried Jack although I think they only read the Generals thread

P.S I echo what Percy said
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:45:46 AM by VILLALWAYS »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal