collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 35556 times)

Offline holtepaul

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
The worrying thing is, according to yesterday's B'ham Mail Gary Mac is considering an 'experimental' side for this game! He may give the fringe players a chance.... he really thinks we're completely safe and can relax! It only takes both Blues and Wigan to win and us to lose heavily at The Emirates...do you feel relaxed??

This is what has to happen in order for us to go down -

Wigan beat West Ham (Let's say by 3 goals).
AND
We lose to Arsenal (again we'll say 4 goals).
AND
Birmingham beat Fulham or Tottenham
AND
We lose to Liverpool (again we'll say 4 goals)
AND
Blackburn or Wolves has to finish in a win for one of the teams
AND
Wigan have to win at Stoke (Let's say by 2 goals)
AND
Blackpool have to win at Man Utd (If we lose our 2 games with -7 they would need to win by at least a 3 goal margin).

If people still think that we are going to go down, with all of the above happening, then I suggest they take themselves to the bookmakers and put a pound on it all, because they will become very rich.

I feel relaxed and think we are safe.

Thats great and I think , as you say, it would be a very strange scenario indeed to happen - but the fact is - it COULD happen.

There have been plenty of occasions in the past where the seemingly impossible has happened - Albion getting out of it that time being one, the "Dodgy goal" by Wimbledon being another. Look at the year Tevez kept West Ham up by beating Wimbledon - only to send Sheff Utd down - who everyone throught were not even in danger because a set of circumstances similar to what you have just said had to occur - and they did !!!

All I am saying, until it is 100% certain, we should be busting a gut, taking this game as if our life depended on it - not playing an experimental side.

Can you imagine if we played an experimental side and all this weeks scenarios you have just said happened ? - do you want to be going into next weekend looking over your shoulder ?

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
I'm one of the 21 (at this stage) in the poll up there that says we'll win. 

(tin hat on, everything crossed, candles burning in front of icon of St. McGregor...with a hotline to McGrath...)

Just thought this thread needed some hope!  Come on, lads!  Arsenal were rubbish in their last game!

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »
Wigan 3-0 West Ham - 24/1
Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa - 16/1
Birmingham win v Fulham - 5/4
Aston Villa 0-4 Liverpool - 40/1
Wolves win v Blackburn - 11/10
Wigan win at Stoke - 12/5
Man Utd 0-3 Blackpool - 125/1

Put £1 on that lot to happen and you'd win £35,271,510.75 according to a bet calculator I've just used.

Offline ez

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2011, 02:56:49 PM »
The worrying thing is, according to yesterday's B'ham Mail Gary Mac is considering an 'experimental' side for this game! He may give the fringe players a chance.... he really thinks we're completely safe and can relax! It only takes both Blues and Wigan to win and us to lose heavily at The Emirates...do you feel relaxed??

This is what has to happen in order for us to go down -

Wigan beat West Ham (Let's say by 3 goals).
AND
We lose to Arsenal (again we'll say 4 goals).
AND
Birmingham beat Fulham or Tottenham
AND
We lose to Liverpool (again we'll say 4 goals)
AND
Blackburn or Wolves has to finish in a win for one of the teams
AND
Wigan have to win at Stoke (Let's say by 2 goals)
AND
Blackpool have to win at Man Utd (If we lose our 2 games with -7 they would need to win by at least a 3 goal margin).

If people still think that we are going to go down, with all of the above happening, then I suggest they take themselves to the bookmakers and put a pound on it all, because they will become very rich.

I feel relaxed and think we are safe.

Thats great and I think , as you say, it would be a very strange scenario indeed to happen - but the fact is - it COULD happen.

There have been plenty of occasions in the past where the seemingly impossible has happened - Albion getting out of it that time being one, the "Dodgy goal" by Wimbledon being another. Look at the year Tevez kept West Ham up by beating Wimbledon - only to send Sheff Utd down - who everyone throught were not even in danger because a set of circumstances similar to what you have just said had to occur - and they did !!!

All I am saying, until it is 100% certain, we should be busting a gut, taking this game as if our life depended on it - not playing an experimental side.

Can you imagine if we played an experimental side and all this weeks scenarios you have just said happened ? - do you want to be going into next weekend looking over your shoulder ?
Thats the one that came to my mind too although i think you got it a bit mixed up. Sheff Utd went down when Everton scored against Wimbledon (Hans Segars in goal).

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
Friedel; Walker, Dunne, Collins, L Young; Delph, Reo-Coker, Petrov; Downing, Bent, A Young.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
Villa team v Arsenal - 4-3-3 - Friedel; Walker, Dunne, Collins, L Young; Delph, Reo-Coker, Petrov; Downing, Bent, A Young. Subs: Pires, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Bradley, Heskey, Cuellar, Marshall.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

None of the above required anything like the amount of results to go the wrong than we do to get relegated.
Besides, we'll win today so stop worrying.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
Friedel; Walker, Dunne, Collins, L Young; Delph, Reo-Coker, Petrov; Downing, Bent, A Young.

No real experimentation then, just a game for Delph, which is a good thing I reckon.

Offline tonyh

• Location: Used to be row 24 seat 64, still is changed my mind
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
I am worried and think we'll get beaten by 5-0 today and we certainly wont win next week and yes I am a miserable bastard, what a crap season it has been.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
ass 1 Villa 2

I dont get many things right

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal