collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Lerwill paid £22k  (Read 11971 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: John Lerwill paid £22k
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »
I've managed to digest page 1. I'll try page 2 next month.

Offline tremzvillain

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 07:54:02 AM »
Mr Lerwill said he was worried the unwarranted criticism of him would hit sales of his acclaimed 984-page history of the club called The Villa Chronicles.

I must have missed this. Sounds interesting. Anybody read it?

I was going to, but as he's had 22k out of the club I think I'll pass.

<QA1>.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:57 AM »
I had my fill when he was on here

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »
I don't think he got enough, I think the club were massively draconian firing him for a few harmless internet comments.  Sounds like they were determined to get shot of him and used the flimsiest of excuses to do so.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
I don't think he got enough, I think the club were massively draconian firing him for a few harmless internet comments.  Sounds like they were determined to get shot of him and used the flimsiest of excuses to do so.

If he was as obnoxious and egotistical at work as he was on here they probably consider it money well spent. <Q cumber>

Offline bob

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
It does sound a bit like they couldn't wait to get rid of him.<Q, Q, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb>

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
Mr Lerwill said he was worried the unwarranted criticism of him would hit sales of his acclaimed 984-page history of the club called The Villa Chronicles.

Is it like some sword and sorcery novel? <Q Only Live Twice>

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »
It depends on your opinion of what we spend on squad players and weighty, hernia-threatening works of history, but £22,000 for 1,000 pages; Beye gets that for three days running between a few cones at Bodymoor Heath.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »

I agree, when you consider he moved to the Midlands to do the job, was never given an official warning against club rules and had to maintain himself under the pressure of a tribunal, I doubt he could affor to pay his solicitors, the sum awarded does seem paltry.

Still it gives the lame brains plenty of ammunition to clearly show their uncaring arrogant views. Well done them. Not so well done Villa.
By the way how many of the smart arsed commentators above have published works on the Villa ?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 09:06:49 PM »
Exactly who are you referring to?

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »

I agree, when you consider he moved to the Midlands to do the job, was never given an official warning against club rules and had to maintain himself under the pressure of a tribunal, I doubt he could affor to pay his solicitors, the sum awarded does seem paltry.

Still it gives the lame brains plenty of ammunition to clearly show their uncaring arrogant views. Well done them. Not so well done Villa.
By the way how many of the smart arsed commentators above have published works on the Villa ?
You've never played professional football Malc but it's never stopped you posting your smart arsed opinions about it on here.

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »

I must have missed this. Sounds interesting. Anybody read it?

I've got volumes 1 and 2, if anyone wants to come to Cheltenham they can have them <Q in an orderly fashion>

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »

I have.

Offline russon

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »
I have no comment to make but wanted to join in the sign-off game. <Q Magazine>

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 11:58:51 AM »
same here <Qforasong>

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal