collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Another view of Saturday  (Read 4301 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Another view of Saturday
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
As ever, it's time to plug the side project:

www.thebirminghampress.com/2011/05/09/one-small-step/

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
Re: Another view of Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
I like this, Dave:

"N’Zogbia put the visitors ahead, which means he’s now favourite to be the next candidate for Villa’s tried and trusted transfer strategy of signing players who did well against us for teams who subsequently got relegated."

Very good.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
Good article i remember the suitcase i was stood by you while the police searched it, you made good points in your article.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
The case contained all the clues the players used to have. Stolen by a fiendish foreigner.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
Just read your bit Dave,is it expected that GH won't be back after the season? I know you were spot on with the Bent deal,wondered if you'd heard through sources.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
Just read your bit Dave,is it expected that GH won't be back after the season? I know you were spot on with the Bent deal,wondered if you'd heard through sources.

I've heard nothing, but as I said, let's be realistic. 63, in poor health and with a gold-plated get-out clause for all concerned after a bad season.

Offline garyshawsknee

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
It'll probably be best for both parties,big part of me wished he had more time and better health to carry on his work,though i'm sure i'm in the minority.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I've heard nothing, but as I said, let's be realistic. 63, in poor health and with a gold-plated get-out clause for all concerned after a bad season.

I would like to have seen what he did with the squad this Summer but the decision has to be made, I hope the club make it quickly (by the end of the month) so we can bring a new management team in. I don't wish to be disrespectful to Houllier but we have to move quickly.

Luke Young has made some noise today about how unsettled the players are about it all - not making excuses for them, but they need to know whether they're going to be here next season or not, and a new manager might change things for a number of them.

Offline garyshawsknee

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:10 PM »
I'm worried that the disruptive players in the squad,will all be given a second chance by a new boss,when they've acted without class,and most of them aren't good enough for where we wanna be.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »
Villa took another step towards Premier League safety with all the grace and assurance of an elderly tortoise with arthritis walking across a minefield.

Like it!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »
To be able to write an article about an afternoon which was such a non-event demonstrates your ability as a wordsmith.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
A good read Dave. I made the "N'Zogbia's bound to sign for us" remark to my brother during the game.

He does seem a perfect replacement for Young. A well-taken goal, another brilliant run followed by a scuffed-shot, and half the game moaning at the officials. Flashes of genius occasionally overshadowed by touches of petulance, but, like Ashley Young, you'd much rather he was playing for than against you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal