collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The 5 Year Plan  (Read 24776 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: The 5 Year Plan
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »
Randy is doing a great job and it is vital for our club he get the management and club activity right this summer. We get it right we can catch up and overtake or we will struggles for long time.

Offline dishy

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »
shouldnt" the Funeral bell "  thread be merged with this one, as that is what as happend to the five year plan, it is dead.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
shouldnt" the Funeral bell "  thread be merged with this one, as that is what as happend to the five year plan, it is dead.

It never existed.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »

It never existed.

It did, except MON spent 5 years worth of money in the first 4 years and missed the bit of the plan where we got into the Champions League.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »
There was never such a thing as a 5 year plan.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
Doom merchants going into a blind panic because we havent had one continual upward curve of progress in line with a plan that never actually existed.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »

It never existed.

Really? Someone should have told General Krulak.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
It was a throwaway remark made by Richard Fitzgerald in an interview he gave. A soundbite if you will.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
It was a throwaway remark made by Richard Fitzgerald in an interview he gave. A soundbite if you will.

I see.

General Krulak:

3. carlitobrigante: yes, we do have a well thought out 5 year plan...and had one from the beginning. Yes, we have had to make alterations to it due to a number of factors...some of which you mentioned. Still, we feel we are pretty much on schedule. The issue of attendence is a wild card right now. We need fans to come out and cheer the lads on...without fans, cheering the lads, we can't expect our lads to achieve all that is necessary.

General Krulak here:
3. Tim the Villan: I will take another stab at this. We are doing very well against the 5 year plan!!

2. Champions League football and Barry: Sooooo? If you believe he has a point, you should be happy for him if he leaves. I believe, if I am not mistaken, that one of the goals of the 5 year plan was CL football. Let me see if I understand...you don't think we will make it???? OK. Good on you. That means I won't have to hear your moaning because you have already made up your mind.

He must have been confused.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »
I suppose I could've posted this in the Transfer Thread amongst others, but thought I'd put it in here -

I think that this season of transition that everyone is talking about is going to be a couple of seasons.

Like it or not there is major surgery needed on this squad, with at most 5/6 players good enough to mount a challenge for a Top 4 place. (Bent, Young & Downing are Top 4 quality, Agbonlahor, Cuellar and Clark aren't far short and with the likes of Makoun, Bannan, Albrighton needing more game time to get used to the Premiership). In the summer we're more than likely going to lose Young and Cuellar, with the possibility of Downing going too. So just getting a decent first XI together is going to be hard work, let alone a squad. And even if by some miracle we were to do that they would need time to gel.

In many respects we need to rip up the plans from the past 3/4 years and now it's time to start all over again.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
I listened to the BBC world football phone in the other day and they had an american expert on as a pundit, largely because of the changes at Arsenal.  He talked about each american owner (of a premiership club) and he was adamant that the best guy was Randy Lerner.

I listen to that too on Podcast - I've emailed in a question for him about Randy for when he is next on. (Also a question about JPA too).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
The 5 year plan was ripped up the second MON left as the board wanted to go in a different direction e.g. start trusting more of the young players to play, improve the scouting network etc.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
The 5 year plan was ripped up the second MON left as the board wanted to go in a different direction e.g. start trusting more of the young players to play, improve the scouting network etc.

Create a scouting network, you mean, we didn't have one previously.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »

I see.

General Krulak:

3. carlitobrigante: yes, we do have a well thought out 5 year plan...and had one from the beginning. Yes, we have had to make alterations to it due to a number of factors...some of which you mentioned. Still, we feel we are pretty much on schedule. The issue of attendence is a wild card right now. We need fans to come out and cheer the lads on...without fans, cheering the lads, we can't expect our lads to achieve all that is necessary.

General Krulak here:
3. Tim the Villan: I will take another stab at this. We are doing very well against the 5 year plan!!

2. Champions League football and Barry: Sooooo? If you believe he has a point, you should be happy for him if he leaves. I believe, if I am not mistaken, that one of the goals of the 5 year plan was CL football. Let me see if I understand...you don't think we will make it???? OK. Good on you. That means I won't have to hear your moaning because you have already made up your mind.

He must have been confused.

Yes, he must.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »
Know more about the plans of the board than the General, do you, Dave?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal