collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The 5 Year Plan  (Read 24812 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

The 5 Year Plan
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »
After 5 years at the Club we are in a worse position financially than when RL arrived and areas far away as we have ever been from being a side challenging for the top 4.

After approx. £150 million spent on transfers do you think RL will keep throwing good money after bad or think he would get rid if he could find a buyer?

Personally I want him to stay but surely he has to be wondering what the hell he has got himself into

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: The 5 Year Plan
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
I'm sure it must have crossed his mind to get rid.

It could have all been so different, but i'm afraid Randy backed the wrong horse (twice).

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
After 5 years at the Club we are in a worse position financially than when RL arrived and areas far away as we have ever been from being a side challenging for the top 4.

After approx. £150 million spent on transfers do you think RL will keep throwing good money after bad or think he would get rid if he could find a buyer?

Personally I want him to stay but surely he has to be wondering what the hell he has got himself into

We've had one bad season out of 4. I think he'll put it down to experience and continue to do what he has been.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:11 AM »
I'm glad Randy is at the helm like Olney has said one bad season we will be ok next season.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
I have major misgivings about next season

1,. GH & GM could still be at the club
2. AY will be gone and possibly Downing & NRC
3. Too many players need to be replaced- Petrov, Heskey, Dunne, Collins, Beye, Pires, Warnock, Young

That's half a side gone

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »

3. Too many players need to be replaced- Petrov, Heskey, Dunne, Collins, Beye, Pires, Warnock, Young

That's half a side gone

Yes, but not a very good one.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

That's half a side gone

Totally agree Dave, but are we going to have the nous and funds available to get in 10 players??

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »
My main worry is that a new manager comes in with a clean slate and decides to give that rabble a second chance.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
Whatever happens at the top, whoever stays or goes, an overhaul is inevitable. And thank god too because things are very stale.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14:23 PM »

That's half a side gone

Totally agree Dave, but are we going to have the nous and funds available to get in 10 players??
not a very good one?!?!  Didnt they have one of our most successful seasons last year for the best part of a decade?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »

That's half a side gone

not a very good one?!?!  Didnt they have one of our most successful seasons last year for the best part of a decade?
There very predictable, easy to know what there going to do and exploit. Keep Downing, NRC, sell young to the highest bidder, bring in some young (ish) but proven players. Bring in a new management, again young, but proven in the premiership, David Moyes would be perfect!
As to the original question, one bad season only. Not where RL wanted to be im sure. Im also sure he'll stick at it, make it right and make us a force again.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »

And also one of the worst.  They're obviously not up for the fight unless MON's there to mollycoddle them, so get rid.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
I listened to the BBC world football phone in the other day and they had an american expert on as a pundit, largely because of the changes at Arsenal.  He talked about each american owner (of a premiership club) and he was adamant that the best guy was Randy Lerner.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:27:32 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »
I listened to the BBC world football phone in the other day and they had an american expert on as a pundit, largely because of the changes at Arsenal.  He talked about each american owner (or a premiership club) and he was adamant that the best guy was Randy Lerner.

I like the sound of that.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »
Randy's son absolutely loves the Villa so I don't see him selling up any time soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal