collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Prediction for the rest of the season and the close season  (Read 22936 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: Prediction for the rest of the season and the close season
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
Anyway, prediction:

Unfortunately, Houllier will have to call it a day and may take a role at the club somewhere, which I'd like.
I think Moyes will get the job although not who I'd choose, and he'll do well. He'll also have money to spend and will just the sort of guy to ruthlessly overhaul the squad and dish out some much needed kicks up the arse.
McAllister will be offered a coaching role.
Moyes will probably agree to many of the transfer deals Houllier has lined up and will add a few gems of his own.
We'll enter next season leaner, meaner and with renewed momentum.

I predict you're bang on the money there, Maz.

Houllier is welcome to do some scouting, maybe.
But personally, I don't want him anywhere near the day to day running of the club.

He's shown absolutely nothing this season to say that employing him in some sort of 'upstairs' capacity would benefit us.

That may be the case Fletch but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the board decide to do.

I can't see it. Moyes and Houllier may be pals, but I don't think Moyes want to be perceived as Houllier's junior.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »
Day to day running, no. His health wouldn't alow for it either. Long term infrastructure building (academies, scouting, etc) with his own staff, yes.
No managerial influence or interference but an old head there as an advisor when required.

Hang on a sec, I'm just writing out his job description.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Day to day running, no. His health wouldn't alow for it either. Long term infrastructure building (academies, scouting, etc) with his own staff, yes.
No managerial influence or interference but an old head there as an advisor when required.

The Academy side is going swimmingly as it is.

Sorry, I wish him the best of health, but it's pointless having him around.

If he's based in Europe recommending players, then fair enough.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »
The most glaring example was the move which began with us winning possession on the edge of Wigan's box ending up with Dunne putting it out for a Wigan corner without one of their players touching the ball.

That's the single most depressing instant of "football" I can remember seeing in years and years.

Remember the Curtis Davies classic?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »

That could be a good solution,i'm sure if he's living back in France he'll take in plenty of games,could be a good French and Spanish scout.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
Why cant we have a debate? Mr Woodhall speaks and all the usual suspects treat him like Royalty.. Its possible 'fans' have different opinions.

Come again?

Not after he's been banned (cue comedy trombone (er...if you found that funny...I think I did...for a minute...maybe) oh, ok, I'll get me coat).

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2011, 01:00:08 AM »

We have one academy, which is superb. And that academy should always be the nucleus of the young talent we get.
But I mean having academies and centres of excellence all over the world. As well as a network of feeder clubs and so on.
Somebody has to oversee that kind of operation.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
OK, my prediction:-

We'll secure safety with an unexpected point at Arsenal.

Gezza will retire due to ill health and take up the position of non-executive director, similar to what Sir Graham did for a while, to be that voice of football knowledge on the board.

Moyes will get the job.

Spurs will sell players to balance their wagebill and this will prompt 15 separate threads on H&V comparing our wages to theirs.

Moyes will clear out a lot of players, but with NRC and Collins staying.

Everytime his transfer record at Everton is brought up someone will mention signing Phil Neville.

The 'someone' mentioned above will often be me.

We'll get a few players in to the point where we're concerned about numbers, but generally happy with the quality.

QPR away will be our first game.

We'll start slowly, relying on that old 'transitional season' catchphrase, but improve as we go on and finish 7th.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »

The fact is, the name G Houilier is more of a draw , especially for young foreign players, than Moyes is.

I hope GH stays, and i think the kind of players he will bring in will eventually be successful.Makoun looks like the kind of player we need at the club, and if he is an example of the kind of plyer that GH is trying to bring in, then i hope he stays.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

The fact is, the name G Houilier is more of a draw , especially for young foreign players, than Moyes is.

I hope GH stays, and i think the kind of players he will bring in will eventually be successful.Makoun looks like the kind of player we need at the club, and if he is an example of the kind of plyer that GH is trying to bring in, then i hope he stays.

Eh? Pienaar, Fellani, Cahill & Arteta were all signed by Moyes and would enhance Villa.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »

We'll start slowly, relying on that old 'transitional season' catchphrase, but improve as we go on and finish 7th.

Sounds like Everton. Suppose we will be when Moyesy comes in.

Offline Fred

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
GH retires and MON comes back, He will have patched things up with the club and be looking forward to another chance to have a crack at a top 4 place.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
GH retires and MON comes back, He will have patched things up with the club and be looking forward to another chance to have a crack at a top 4 place.

Oh Lordy!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
I think they'll try KMac out again; we'll lose that first game against QPR 7-0 and we will then panic and bring Jo Venglos out of retirement to transition us through the season ... ending in another relegation battle.
Or:
We'll bring in McLeish to become our saviour who will  transition us through the season ... ending in another relegation battle.
Or:
We get serious and bring in a Lambert, Coyle or McDermott to operate with GHou as a non-executive "Godfather" to the chosen one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal