collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carew on Houllier  (Read 11743 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Carew on Houllier
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline VillaZogmariner

Re: Carew on Houllier
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
“The reason why things were difficult at Aston Villa had nothing to do with the sport side."

Yes it was, you were putting zero/very little effort in and not scoring goals.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
Big mistake by GH. Just look at all the goals he's knocked in for stoke since he left and work out where we'd be now.

oh....

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »
“I still talk to the boys every two days – it was the right choice for me to go and play football somewhere else for at least a few months. We will see what happens.

I thought we'd cancelled the prick's contract?

Getting rid of this fucking waster is one of the best things GH has done since joining the club.  With him on one side and Barry and Milner on the other, I hope Wembley implodes next weekend.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
Carew was scoring bucketloads of goals at the end of last season. It is nonsensical that we didn't persevere with him this season, even if his form at the start of the season dictated that he needed a period in the reserves.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »
He's had it villadawg. Injuries, his lifestyle and his attitude have put paid to him.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
I'd rather have Darren Bent.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 01:33:02 PM »
Carew was scoring bucketloads of goals at the end of last season. It is nonsensical that we didn't persevere with him this season, even if his form at the start of the season dictated that he needed a period in the reserves.

I liked Carew, but I couldn't see what was possibly going to change with him this season.

Grief with the manager there may have been, but his performances this season were absolutely woeful. It's all very well saying you didn't get on with the manager, but hey, "the fans loved me" - so, if the fans loved you so much, why did you reward us with a sequence of the most uninspired, unbothered performances I've ever seen from a player in a Villa shirt?

Couldn't he have repaid a bit of that love by putting in a shift every now and then? Maybe if he had, there would be more sympathy for his gripes with Houllier.

His "performance" against Arsenal this season was the least motivated I have seen from a player of ours in a very long time. The first time he sprinted in that match was when he saw his number held up on the sideline, it was nothing short of disgraceful.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

All day long. 

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »

I liked Carew, but I couldn't see what was possibly going to change with him this season.

Grief with the manager there may have been, but his performances this season were absolutely woeful. It's all very well saying you didn't get on with the manager, but hey, "the fans loved me" - so, if the fans loved you so much, why did you reward us with a sequence of the most uninspired, unbothered performances I've ever seen from a player in a Villa shirt?

Couldn't he have repaid a bit of that love by putting in a shift every now and then? Maybe if he had, there would be more sympathy for his gripes with Houllier.

His "performance" against Arsenal this season was the least motivated I have seen from a player of ours in a very long time. The first time he sprinted in that match was when he saw his number held up on the sideline, it was nothing short of disgraceful.

Hasn't he always had periods when he looked half-arsed?

If I remember correctly, his starts under Houllier were as lone striker against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. I wouldn't have expected him to flourish in those circumstances and I wouldn't have been so quick to write him off.

It doesn't matter now but I don't buy into the theory that Carew was the only one at fault.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

Hasn't he always had periods when he looked half-arsed?

If I remember correctly, his starts under Houllier were as lone striker against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. I wouldn't have expected him to flourish in those circumstances and I wouldn't have been so quick to write him off.

It doesn't matter now but I don't buy into the theory that Carew was the only one at fault.

I too don't think Carew was the only one at fault, so I think you're right there.

My point was that it's all very well of Carew to point the finger at Houllier, but it is a bt laughable considering his own inability to give a shit this season.

Incidentally, re the games he started - what about the other ones? Why shouldn't be have given a shit in those, too? And why only look at the games he started under Houllier? What about the matches before that?

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 02:16:55 PM »
"The big Norwegian centre forward will have the last laugh on Saturday when he walks out for an FA Cup Final with his new club Stoke."

Is he actually eligible to play ?

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
"The big Norwegian centre forward will have the last laugh on Saturday when he walks out for an FA Cup Final with his new club Stoke."

Is he actually eligible to play ?

Yes

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
I too don't think Carew was the only one at fault, so I think you're right there.

My point was that it's all very well of Carew to point the finger at Houllier, but it is a bt laughable considering his own inability to give a shit this season.

Incidentally, re the games he started - what about the other ones? Why shouldn't be have given a shit in those, too? And why only look at the games he started under Houllier? What about the matches before that?

I think we did pretty well in the games he started before Houllier took over.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »

All day long. 

But would rather have Carew than Heskey.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal