collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Ticket renewal - why I am not renewing.  (Read 16456 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: Season Ticket renewal - why I am not renewing.
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
I would like to try salsa always had a thing for latino women be nice to go to a salsa club and boogie the night away but i'm not sure of going there instead of the football you must describe the women for me.

I have a feeling that the women Salsa dancing at a Birmingham ice rink on a Saturday night may not be the sultry Latino lovelies your are imagining. 

Offline cdward

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Yeah, there was about fifteen of their mob all doing tangos, waltzes the lot.  But we showed 'em how to salsa good and proper, and they were on their toes sharpish. Proper result!
Of course we follow the football, but we all just love a good salsa really, it's the adrenalin rush it brings.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

Yeah, there was about fifteen of their mob all doing tangos, waltzes the lot.  But we showed 'em how to salsa good and proper, and they were on their toes sharpish. Proper result!
Of course we follow the football, but we all just love a good salsa really, it's the adrenalin rush it brings.

Salsatastic!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
I would like to try salsa always had a thing for latino women be nice to go to a salsa club and boogie the night away but i'm not sure of going there instead of the football you must describe the women for me.

I have a feeling that the women Salsa dancing at a Birmingham ice rink on a Saturday night may not be the sultry Latino lovelies your are imagining. 

Villadawg speaks the truth

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
what is the point of this thread at the end of a very bad season when emotions are running high against everything Villa related? Surely the time to say "fuck it" is if nothing has changed in the next 12 weeks. I don't think next season will be anything like this, because I cannot believe for a second that Randy/Faulkner can't see what we all see. In fact the General alluded to as much. If I were in their position I'd be even more anxious than the fans for the season to end so it can be learned from and buried, and start postively planning for the next.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »

Villadawg speaks the truth

she'd go through the fucking rink and will rely on Australia being there to stop her fall off the earth.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »
I'm renewing on the understanding that next season cannot possibly be as bad as this one.

I did that twice, some time ago, admittedly, and was proved wrong.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
what is the point of this thread at the end of a very bad season when emotions are running high against everything Villa related? Surely the time to say "fuck it" is if nothing has changed in the next 12 weeks. I don't think next season will be anything like this, because I cannot believe for a second that Randy/Faulkner can't see what we all see. In fact the General alluded to as much. If I were in their position I'd be even more anxious than the fans for the season to end so it can be learned from and buried, and start postively planning for the next.

Spot on. Some people (real people, not just on the internet) are talking as if next season is nailed on to be a repeat of this one. Very little chance of that, IMO.

Still, I doubt I'll be renewing, but only because I haven't got a pot to piss in at the moment. Well, I have, but not much else.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:29:15 PM by Percy »

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

Spot on. Some people (real people, not just on the internet) are talking as if next season is nailed on to be a repeat of this one. Very little chance of that, IMO.

Still, I doubt I'll be renewing, but only because I haven't got a pot to piss in at the moment. Well, I have, but not much else.

sorry to hear that. Here's hoping that your personal situation improves along with the fortunes of our football club.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »

I know what you mean, but I think for a lot of people it isn't so much a conviction that this season will repeat itself, rather just another step along a gradual path of getting pissed off with the game, which has brought about a depressive fatalism.

If you look at Wolves, for example - man for man, a vastly, vastly inferior squad to ours, with financial backing which is piddling in comparison. They may very well go down, but at least if they do, they have shown considerable spirit this season.

Our lot, well, we're not going to go down, but displays like yesterday - spiritless, aimless, careless, uninterested - are a world away from some of these other teams in the relegation zone who are prepared to fight and scrap.

Yesterday our lot seemed to spend most of their time arguing with the referee (Ashley, Heskey, Collins were all dreadful offenders) or pointing the finger at a 20 year old kid (I saw Petrov, and he wasn't the only one, giving Albrighton a right ear bashing).

When you have a season like this, where the results have been piss poor, and you factor in the kind of witless, frankly offensive performance we saw yesterday (and many other times this season), and think about the escalating costs of watching football, and whether it is worth it to watch 11 multi multi millionaires laugh in your face like yesterday, then I don't really blame anyone else who suspects they'll get more of the same next year, or becomes fatalistic about the whole thing.

Looking around us yesterday, I saw hundreds and hundreds of people all looking uttterly fucking miserable, and I really can't blame them. It's one thing to say optimistically that we'll do this or we'll do that next season so it won't be as bad, but fuck me, it's been a horrid thing to watch this season.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42:08 PM »

Looking around us yesterday, I saw hundreds and hundreds of people all looking uttterly fucking miserable, and I really can't blame them.
This is true.
Everybody has looked thoroughly depressed at most of the home games.

I'm continually sitting there waiting for the referee to put me out of my boredom so I can get to the pub.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
The provision of good quality salsa dancing teachers round here is nearly as fucking diabolical as the postal service. Thank you for doing your bit on both fronts.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
I think for a lot of people paulie, a clear and distinct break from this season is required. And I can understand that. That very much includes the management team and off course certain players. As much as wanted to see what Houllier was capable of given the summer and in hiring some key coaching staff, I think the board will come to the conclusion that they need somebody new that will share and continue their long term vision, but is able to breathe life into the club again. Almost a MON type of appointment, but in 2011.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
I think for a lot of people paulie, a clear and distinct break from this season is required. And I can understand that. That very much includes the management team and off course certain players. As much as wanted to see what Houllier was capable of given the summer and in hiring some key coaching staff, I think the board will come to the conclusion that they need somebody new that will share and continue their long term vision, but is able to breathe life into the club again. Almost a MON type of appointment, but in 2011.

Whatever they do, they MUST do it as early as possible.

The absolute worst thing they could do would be to faff about till July waiting to see if Houllier is going to return. And that's assuming they are interested in what he wants to do, there's the entire question of whether he should be allowed to.

Last year from August onwards was rough on and off the pitch, and we made some mistakes. That's maybe understandable the first time around, but making the same mistakes again is not an option.

If we're looking for a new manager, I also hope we don't hear any of this "we'll only approach managers who aren't in a job" idealistic rubbish again.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »
Agreed that the decision needs to come quickly, one way or another. And I think it will. Given the scope of the project, they'll want to give themselves as much time as possible to get things sorted. By mid-July we need to be in a position where the staff and players know where they stand, and that pre-season is unaffected by doubt or controversy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal