collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest after Liverpool game  (Read 13077 times)

Offline russon

Protest after Liverpool game
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:01 AM »
This has been a completely unacceptable season and the players need to understand the depth of the supporter's displeasure. To this end I propose to mark the embarrassing end of season lap of (dis)honour by doing one of three things, I've yet to decide which.

1. Stand arms folded as they pass before me
2. Moon at them
3. Give it the old thumb on the end of the nose and waggly fingers.

How will you respond to the players as they mince around the perimeter of the pitch soft hand clapping you for paying their massive wages despite sullying the club on a weekly basis since the 0-6 at Newcastle back in August?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Protest after Liverpool game
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:37:36 AM »
Whats the point of protesting against a bunch of players half of whom wont be there next season ?

Offline russon

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
Whats the point of protesting against a bunch of players half of whom wont be there next season ?

to give them the send off they so richly deserve

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »
I doubt I'll even have the stomach to stay after the final whistle. I paid money to watch football this season and will do no more nor less. In the same vein they are paid to play for Aston Villa and have similarly failed to go beyond the basic calling, although describing some of what they offered up this season as 'football' is an insult to the sport.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:10 AM »
Our young players have given their all this season and probably by being pitched into desperation games much too early in their careers and I would single out Herd in this instance, have had their career prospects severely damaged.   For their sakes I shall applaud with sincerity.   It is the senior players on huge wages who have failed to rise above the problems inflicted on us by O'Neill's malevolence, the appointment of the wrong man at the wrong time as the new manager, the incompetence of Gary McAllister, a very bad run of injuries, the recurrence of Houllier's heart problems and the winding up of a bad season with nobody competent at the helm.

The old pros in our squad have all experienced this kind of situation before and should have known how to handle it but they chose to drink, eat, fall out and idle.   I shall not applaud them but I will applaud the youngsters without whose efforts we would have been in worse trouble than we are.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »
I am going to protest by effecting a thousand yard stare, arms folded towards the Expressway   

At some point I will turn to the bloke next to me and we'll exchange one of of those looks we've given each other a lot this season - one of speechless despair 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:09:55 AM by pauliebentnuts »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
I'll have fucked off to the pub by the time they start their ludicrous 'lap of honour.'

They should be too embarrased to bother.

If it's doing a lap to thank the fans - Don't bother.
They don't really give a shit and I certainly don't give a shit about most the players.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
Think I will shake my fist vigorously, in the 'Why, I oughta...' style.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
I'm not doing anything that makes me stay at Villa Park longer than I have to; final whistle and straight to the pub. Then when I get home a long shower to wash this atrocity of a season away.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »
It could well be the worst turn out for a lap of honour ever and it's a bit pointless really. At least GT had the balls and diginity to apologise after his poor season, and then went on and did the right thing by resigning. Let's hope GH has the same idea.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
Can't wait to turn my back on this season. I'll be off on the final whistle. Unless were gettin hammered then I think I'll be off before

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Think I will shake my fist vigorously, in the 'Why, I oughta...' style.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
Damned if they do it, damned if they don't.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
I have a feeling that I'll have departed long before the final whistle. The most wretched season I can remember.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
Within 2 minutes of the final whistle the stands should be deserted.
Shown the fucking wastrels the same disdain they have shown us this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal