collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Holte End  (Read 10663 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
The Holte End
« on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
A big well done to the lads and lasses in Lower Holte L2 today who getting fed up with the lack of noise got up off their arses and did something about it which got the whole of the Holte singing for the last 15 minutes of the match.  Well done to one and all from those of us on the far side in L8, we salute you.

Offline rutski

Re: The Holte End
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »
def respect too! good atmosphere built, but like through the middle eighties when some great songs were sung, through adversity brings strength

Offline Dan England

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
I'd echo that. We sit in the Lower North Stand and it felt like it was the first time this season that there was any noise at all from the Holte End. It reminded me of how it should be and how it was a few seasons back.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Honestly, from where I was - Mid Doug Ellis upper - the Holte End were massively outsung by the little kids over by the tunnel.
Maybe the Holte end sounded loud if you were in there.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »
Honestly, from where I was - Mid Doug Ellis upper - the Holte End were massively outsung by the little kids over by the tunnel.
Maybe the Holte end sounded loud if you were in there.

No I heard them as well.  Great to hear the Falsetto "Villa, Villa" again, not heard it for ages and still makes me laugh.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »
This.

They were quality with that constant, persistent "A.V.F.C" chant.

Even the Upper Holte joined in with it a couple of times, but it got sped up and fizzled out...

Upper Holte need to work on their timing and rhythm lol.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Maybe there is hope for the future. A few new voices to get the singing going - even if they are more Aled Jones than Vinnie Jones.

Maybe the Holte will be shamed into singing a bit more - now they have been outsung by the kids round the tunnel!

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
Who are these kids by the tunnel you speak of?

Bridga 1874?

Or actual little kids?

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »
The AVFC chant was all down to a big bloke a couple of rows in front of us, he just kept at it & eventually everyone was singing it, we stood up for the last 15-20 minutes, the best atmosphere we've experienced for a while, even if the team played a load of shite

and when will they stop ringing that f*!king stupid funeral bell  >:(

Offline willUTV

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »
it was great to see the couple of fans dedication leading up to all the fans realising that they should sing, a good 5 minuites before anyone realised lol, i get annoyed that we make an effort to get the bells are ringing chant sang again, i love the chant but still knowbody sings it i think its because they dont know the words but they are the famous holte enders they should learn the lyrics! am i the only one who wants it sang? im starting to think that.... :-\

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 12:17:38 AM »
Yeah, I sit in L4 and it was a great effort but that group. Shame Bent didn't put the one on one away infront of a fully-standing lower Holte.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »
kevin the guy with the whistle that used to entertain us in the lower north was back and even though he was under the away fans yesterday he managed to get the lower north singing again!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 09:10:57 AM »
Just mentioned the same thing on the post match thread. It seemed to wake everyone up when most of us had forgotten we were at a match.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 09:19:02 AM »
Respect to those guys who stuck with it till the rest of the lower finally joined in. Bodes well for liverpool.

Wolfy was down there yesterday too !

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
it was great to see the couple of fans dedication leading up to all the fans realising that they should sing, a good 5 minuites before anyone realised lol, i get annoyed that we make an effort to get the bells are ringing chant sang again, i love the chant but still knowbody sings it i think its because they dont know the words but they are the famous holte enders they should learn the lyrics! am i the only one who wants it sang? im starting to think that.... :-\

I hate the bells are ringing & I hated it in the 80s too
Ring of fire intro followed by AVFC is much better  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal