collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The petulance of Ashley Young  (Read 25424 times)

Offline peckvillajunior

Re: The petulance of Ashley Young
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
The dive in the first half summed him up this season for me. It was a similar situation to the 5-1 against Blues where he jinked in between two players and scored, this time he decided instead to chuck himself forward headlong like a dolphin through a hoop. The difference between Young '09 and Young '11. He threw himself with such gusto I'm surprised he didn't end up in the back of the net. How people are defending it is beyond me, any crap player can cheat.

There were quite a few applauding the booking in the Trinity Middle too.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »
When AY goes at the end of the season I'll miss him loads, he's a brilliant footballer. Why he's getting so much stick is beyond me. Today he got fouled, got up and banged the resulting freekick into the net. That's what top players do.

His pointing at the shirt antics are weird though, and I saw him mouthing 'fuck off' to Stan on his way over to celebrate, but I imagine this was some sort of dressing room banter.

he wasn't fouled. not even close. he'd almost hit the floor by the time the challenge came in.

his pointing to his name and screaming 'fuck off' was quite hilarious for someone who has managed to get just two direct free kicks on target all season.

done nothing for two years and speaks volumes that the game against west ham was his best since 2008 but like you say, that's what 'top', world class, geniuses can do..

You're absolutely right. If he goes in the summer, we'll be a better team without him.

I fear for us next season, I really do.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »
Oh he said a naughty swear word! Hang him!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »
He can be a great player, but his goal today must have been his first free kick on target for about six months.

I wish he wasn't a petulant twat though, it makes him very hard to like and admire and it wasn't just one or two people on the Holte End that applauded either, try about 50%!

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
The thing is is that most players are petulant and they're all cheats, so why are we singling out Young?
It's because he wants to leave.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »
I really don't like the bloke, the sooner we can cash in the better.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
Petrov probably said to him your free kicks are shite. That's why he told him to fuck off. Shame he couldn't have done it more often this season. Against the albion especially

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
Yes I did !!!!

I dont give a toss of he plays for Villa or not - he was an utter disgrace.

I am sick and tired of modern day players, whether it by Young, Rooney, Heskey or Lionel Messi giving foul mouthed rants to officials - whether they play for Villa or not.

My 11 yr old son is in a successful team - champions of their league. I help out with his team - I make sure his team are 100% ceorteous and sporting at all times to both officials, parents and the oppostion.

Sorry mate, if you think Ashley Young being paid 70000 a week and then thinking he has the right to go around shouting and swearing at officials is acceptable, that is your problem not mine !

I applaud the ref for doing it, and whether it be a Villa player, Blues or even a Crawley Town player - the day the ref red cards a player for swearing at him - I will applaud as well !

Football is becoming a disgrace - and Ashley Young epitomises it (as well as Emile Heskey - who should have been sent off as well , and even Kyle Walker for doing a dive that Tom Daly couldn't match !

The Villa were a disgrace today !

I think you should take up knitting or something.

Yoghurt?

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Every decent team has a player that vehemently insists that the ref pays attention to their appeals. Rooney, Lampard, Fabregas, Gerrard all do it and they do because referees are human and they are influenced.

If you want to campaign to get it kicked out of the game, that's fine but until the game changes I don't see why Villa fans should want to put us at a disadvantage and react that way towards one of our own. Ashley as the most fouled player in the league has more right to complain than anyone.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
agree 100% - I cheered when he was booked.

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

To me , Ashley Young epitomises everything that is wrong with modern day footballers - get rid, I dont care how bloody skillful he is - he is fast turning into the modern era Steve Hodge !

However, saying that, I did think he played quite well today - however, I then get home to find Capello was in the stand - so thats the reason why !

You need to take a trip to the perspective clinic.

Whatever happened to the word filter for Hodge-face?

When AY goes at the end of the season I'll miss him loads, he's a brilliant footballer. Why he's getting so much stick is beyond me. Today he got fouled, got up and banged the resulting freekick into the net. That's what top players do.

His pointing at the shirt antics are weird though, and I saw him mouthing 'fuck off' to Stan on his way over to celebrate, but I imagine this was some sort of dressing room banter.

Perhaps people are just preparing themselves for when he leaves, its easier to let go if everyone thinks he was a wanker.

No top players manage to get their free kicks on target on a regular basis not 1 on target in 15 free kicks. I for one won't miss him when he's gone maybe we can have someone who can hit the target from a free kick more often like a top player.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »
Just watched the goal again on Goals on Sunday - as Young celebrates and Petrov is running towards him he shouts "Fuck Off" at someone (don't think it is at Stan).

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
We would have lost the game if it wasn't for Young yesterday but all you read on here is, "he dives, he cheats, he moans at the ref, he's a disgrace".

What a load of bollocks.

We might not have done.  If Ash wasn't in the side theres the chance that everything the team did wouldn't have had to go through him.  I've had plenty of neutrals telling me this season that he's more of a hinderance and that we should cash in.

He's not our only talented player and once he's gone hopefully we'll see more of Downing, Bent, Albrighton, Gabby, Delph, etc showing what they can do.

Oh and although I didn't cheer when he was booked I did think he deserved it.  He's going to be really easy to hate when he signs for someone else.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
The amount of cheating and waving arms around at officials should make him extremely popular at Manchester United next season.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
No top players manage to get their free kicks on target on a regular basis not 1 on target in 15 free kicks. I for one won't miss him when he's gone maybe we can have someone who can hit the target from a free kick more often like a top player.

Get someone better than Ash? In our position? Doubtful IMO, the club is very unsettled, I can't see us attracting the kind of player that would adequately replace AY for a good while. We'd need to have a strong season next year and get up around the european places again, which won't be easy after our best player goes in the summer.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
Absolutely. Take our best player out of the team and we'll be better for it!

Fucking hell!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal