collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Heskey incident  (Read 17392 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: The Heskey incident
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
an elbow in the head a serious foul and it fucking hurts. yes, the red mist shouldn't have come down but you can at least understand it no?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »
But did Caldwell hit his head and his reaction showed he really wasn't hurt in any way shape of form!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
So going apeshit at the ref was all a big put on?? I'm guessing it hurt like a bastard and the fact the ref did nowt caused him to loose his rag. For more classic examples of the pain + injustice = anger scenario, please see mid-70's american tv series The Incredible Hulk.

Offline London Villan

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »
He moved quicker than the hulk (for a change) and yes he might have thought the decision should have gone his way... but the reaction from being on the deck, playing dead, to chasing the ref 30 yards away was laughable and sad.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »
mebbe, but this is Ivanhoe and its entirely out of character for him to loose it like that. I'm guessing one of the reasons he's didn't get an early bath is the ref probably realised he'd made a mistake and didn't want to compound it by sending him off.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
But did Caldwell hit his head and his reaction showed he really wasn't hurt in any way shape of form!

No, it didn't. Why should pain stop you reacting and wanting something done about it?

He took it too far and made a bit of a tit of himself but  anyone who has ever been clobbered like that will know it bloody hurts.

Offline Merv

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
I'm no great fan of Heskey but I prefer to come down on his side in this one. We haven't seen a reaction like that from him in 15 years of professional football so my interpretation is that perhaps it wasn't just the one incident that got him steamed up.

He probably feels pretty foolish about it all now, mind.

Offline London Villan

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
mebbe, but this is Ivanhoe and its entirely out of character for him to loose it like that. I'm guessing one of the reasons he's didn't get an early bath is the ref probably realised he'd made a mistake and didn't want to compound it by sending him off.
Not really, he got himself sent off in January for over-reacting, which lost us the game pretty much.

Offline glasses

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
I'm no great fan of Heskey but I prefer to come down on his side in this one. We haven't seen a reaction like that from him in 15 years of professional football so my interpretation is that perhaps it wasn't just the one incident that got him steamed up.

He probably feels pretty foolish about it all now, mind.
As had been pointed out Merv, he did the same thing earlier in the season, and on numerous occasions has stomped around like a baby after not getting decisions this season. It might be because i havent followed his career that closely, but I do think these occurences were less frequent in his earlier days. Maybe he is just starting to realise he is old and shit, and he doesnt like it? He cant do the things he used to?

Offline Merv

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »
Maybe.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »
Bizarrely, though, the ref gave the free kick to us after all the shenanigans had died down.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
To continue your analogy, a new ring master is required.

Stefan Postma?

;)

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
I thought the incident was the only interesting point of the entire match Saturday. I went up for only the second time this year and I spent more time looking at my watch wishing for full time. The sad thing I thought it was football I fell out of love with......

It's the fact that we're so fucking awful and there is little chance of anything changing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal