collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier league vs lower divisions  (Read 3064 times)

Offline oodman

Premier league vs lower divisions
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
Just been listening to talk sport and they had s Shrewsbury player on the show. They got a big promotion game tomorrow and when they asked the player what he is doing tomorrow he said " well get up at 9. The mrs will make me some breakfast. I need to go the post office and play with the kids. Then go to the ground and get ready about 1
I couldn't beleive it. Really funny as the higher league teams such as us meet at 12 on a Friday. Go training and the stay in a hotel and get told what to eat lol

How things differ eh

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Premier league vs lower divisions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:37 PM »
Yeah, nice to hear something a bit more ''real'' rather than arguing over the high prices of season-tickets.
Footballers take their feet off the ground when they've enough money to do so.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 02:20:51 AM »
Very refreshing to hear/read

Offline Dan England

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
Yeah, nice to hear something a bit more ''real'' rather than arguing over the high prices of season-tickets.

As good as it is to hear of players with their feet firmly on the ground, the price of season tickets at that level is even more outrageous than top flight. You can get a season ticket at VP for less than some at the New Meadow!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »
It wasn't that long ago that top flight players had a very similar matchday experience to that.

Blame Sky for the changes.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »

As good as it is to hear of players with their feet firmly on the ground, the price of season tickets at that level is even more outrageous than top flight. You can get a season ticket at VP for less than some at the New Meadow!

The lower leagues get nowhere near the sponsorship and tv money of the top flight though. They need the ticket money to stay alive.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »

The lower leagues get nowhere near the sponsorship and tv money of the top flight though. They need the ticket money to stay alive.

PL teams also need ticket money to stay alive. It's no different really. Clubs live beyond their means at all levels, which equals outrageous ticket prices.

Offline bob

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
Just been listening to talk sport and they had s Shrewsbury player on the show. They got a big promotion game tomorrow and when they asked the player what he is doing tomorrow he said " well get up at 9. The mrs will make me some breakfast. I need to go the post office and play with the kids. Then go to the ground and get ready about 1
I couldn't beleive it. Really funny as the higher league teams such as us meet at 12 on a Friday. Go training and the stay in a hotel and get told what to eat lol

How things differ eh

Someone should warn those kids they'd better not hang around that post office anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal